Old February 26th 07, 12:06 PM posted to alt.politics.british,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default Road Pricing Petition Sign-Up

On 20 Feb, 22:33, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:54:35 +0000, Fred wrote:

All of the above is true, yet incredibly, apart from a few token
protests, stickers on the back of a few cars, a petition, they are
allowed to brush aside all objections without serious consequence. No
wonder they seek to bleed the generally law abiding dry!!

Well when the electorate continue to vote for Blair, even with all the
evidence in front of them, what more can you expect.

It seems to be what any leader / party does when they are in power for
10 years. Tories introduced the unpopular poll tax around their (and
Maggie's) 10th anniversary in leadership too. Then they changed their
leader and said it was all Maggie's fault.

If Labour ditch Blair and put a new leader in charge will they do the
same? The war was all Blair, etc.

Road-charging is the one single policy that will actually make me
change my vote to Tory. For those of us who don't want to vote Tory,
perhaps we should start a new party, but in reality they never get any
votes, and I don't trust LibDem either so it seems Tory might be my
only option.

Old February 27th 07, 04:06 AM posted to alt.politics.british,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Earl Purple wrote:
On 20 Feb, 22:33, Dave wrote:

[...]

It is easier to claim that when there is a small revolution and the
'leader' is forced out. It would be hard if the new leader is a long
term supporter and loyal subordinate.