Old March 7th 07, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Advance warning - BBC4 Tube Night

I'm sure there will be people who read utl that may wish to see all or
some of the following on Sunday 18th March 2007.

The final programme in the list will show what the old Angel station was
like - as we had a little debate about this recently you can see how
cramped it was and what the staff had to put up with. There is also the
"famous" Picklydickly Line quote from the cynical chap in the ticket
office.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documen...be-night.shtml

Quote :-

Love it or loathe it, the London Underground has been an integral part
of life in the capital for over a century. Arena: Underground is the
centrepiece of a whole evening of programmes celebrating the
subterranean pitfalls and pleasures of travelling on the tube.

WHAT'S ON

UNDER NIGHT STREETS
8pm-8.20pm
Classic atmospheric London Transport account of what happened at night
on London's Underground, produced by Edgar Anstey.
British Transport Films website

UNDERGROUND ERNIE
8.20pm-8.35pm
A chance for parents to get to know Cbeebies' latest computer-animated
star: a friendly Tube train driver called Ernie.

DOCTOR WHO: THE WEB OF FEAR
8.35pm-9pm
Classic 60s episode in which Patrick Troughton battles robot yetis in
the labyrinth of London's Tube tunnels.

ARENA: UNDERGROUND
9pm-10pm; rpt 11.55pm-12.55am; rpt 2.55am-3.55am (signed)
Stories from the Underground, including that of Margaret Barnett, who
sheltered in the Tube during WWII.

DESIGN CLASSICS: LONDON UNDERGROUND MAP
10pm-10.25pm
Harry Beck's Tube map has transfixed bored travellers decades - find out
the story of its making and of its enduring influence.

METROLAND
10.25pm-11.15pm
Poet Sir John Betjeman's celebrated 1973 documentary in which he extols
the glories of the Metropolitan Line.

40 MINUTES: HEART OF THE ANGEL
11.15pm-11.55am
Molly Dineen's RTS award-winning 1989 documentary about the men and
women who work in Islington's Angel Tube station.

--
Paul C

Old March 7th 07, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the link it looks good.

Old March 18th 07, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Just a reminder - it will start in about 30 minutes (my DVR is already
set).

Old March 18th 07, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"alex_t" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just a reminder - it will start in about 30 minutes (my DVR is already
set).

Would you be able to make the recordings available online?

Old March 18th 07, 11:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Would you be able to make the recordings available online?

Very much doubt it - unless it will be legal (for example "Under Night
Streets" seems to be from the 50s, surely it is already in the public
domain?).

By the way, I know that "Metro-land" is out on DVD.

Old March 19th 07, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19 Mar, 00:07, "alex_t" wrote:
Would you be able to make the recordings available online?

Very much doubt it - unless it will be legal (for example "Under Night
Streets" seems to be from the 50s, surely it is already in the public
domain?).

By the way, I know that "Metro-land" is out on DVD.

Has anyone got a torrent of Metro-land? My girlfriends dad was a guard
on the Met line when they made the program and has never seen it and
he didnt realise it was on last night. I have already had a look on
uknova and it doesnt seem to have been captured.

Thanks in advance

The Jubilee Line Night Tube started last night, with Northern onNovember 18 Basil Jet[_4_] London Transport 0 October 8th 16 11:03 AM
Delays warning in Tube works plan burkey London Transport 2 March 6th 06 06:11 PM
BBC4 Now! Nick Cooper London Transport 4 June 29th 04 08:59 PM
'Metroland' - BBC4 Wed 5 Novemeber Nick Cooper 625 London Transport 5 October 29th 03 07:54 AM