Old March 12th 07, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What's happening at South Ken?

I passed through South Ken (District Line) today and noticed a large
number of yellow construction machines placed in the empty space on the
southern side of the sub-surface station. They didn't seem to be doing
anything, and there was no sign of any imminent work. Are they simply
being stored there, or is a project due to start there soon? I didn't
think that any major station reconstruction was planned there just yet.

Old March 12th 07, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
I passed through South Ken (District Line) today and noticed a large
number of yellow construction machines placed in the empty space on
the southern side of the sub-surface station. They didn't seem to
be doing anything, and there was no sign of any imminent work. Are
they simply being stored there, or is a project due to start there
soon? I didn't think that any major station reconstruction was
planned there just yet.

The District and Circle Lines through South Kensington were closed over
the weekend, presumably for track replacement, so I expect some of the
equipment, such as bulldozers for digging out old ballast, hasn't been
cleared away yet, or is stored for a future weekend exercise.

--
Richard J.