Old March 28th 07, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Church Street bridge next to Edmonton green, london N9

Church Street bridge next to Edmonton green Station please help!
Traveling to work would be less stressful if you put up some wire
netting under the bridge which would mean I don't have to worry about
pigeons toilet droppings landing on my head and new suit.
Help us Train commuters and shoppers traveling and crossing the bridge
to get to the New Edmonton green shopping centre (The regeneration)
and Edmonton green Station.
I know it sounds absurd but its not nice being bugged by pigeon
droppings but geting pigeon toilet droppings on my jacket and head on
the way to work it cost money to clean and the smell! oh. and you
have to have your garments dry cleaned and clean yourself down with
bathroom tissue.
Not just that but just that but It could become a safety issue trying
to cross a road and you get pigeon toilet droppings on your head you
can lose fours crossing the road.
I was talking to a local teenager last week and he said he was eating
some chips with his kebab walking along the Steert as teenagers do
then after crossing the road church street bridge a pigeon done
droppings that fell in the chips as he was crossing the road, I told
him to complain to Enfield Borough but he said what is the point thay
don't care or words to that affect.
Not sure why everyone seems to tolerate this maybe its the large
ethnic communities of Edmonton green that don't apprehend they can
complain about it such things as pigeon toilet droppings.
Anyway I know this may all sound funny but please see the serious side
as well as pigeon droppings create an unhealthy environment and pigeon
toilet droppings can cause ill health.
Edmonton green is now looking really nice and could be nicer still if
not for that bridge.
Please stop pigeons nesting in the middle of the bridge by putting up
wire or something so I don't keep getting pigeon toilet droppings on
me and other unfortunate residences of Enfield Borough.

Old March 28th 07, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Church Street bridge next to Edmonton green Station please help!
Traveling to work would be less stressful if you put up some wire
netting under the bridge which would mean I don't have to worry about
pigeons toilet droppings landing on my head and new suit.

I've moved out of Lower Edmonton now so I haven't checked out the bridge
that frequently of late but it certainly did have netting installed before I
left and it had been in place for a few years. The pigeon problem was
greatly reduced to how it was previously. I'm surprised the problem sounds
like it has returned.

I would dispute that Edmonton Green is now looking nice. I think the new
developments are pretty unremarkable and don't look half as good as the old
Broadway multi-storey car park did. It was just a pity it wasn't used. The
rest might have been a mess but that car park was pretty elegant as far as
such things go.

G.

Old March 28th 07, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 28 Mar 2007 12:03:38 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

I doubt it has anything to do with Enfield Council directly. As it
carries a railway it will almost certainly be the responsibility of
Network Rail. Any complaint should be directed at them.

You might wish to raise the matter with your local councillor / GLA
member who may be able to exert additional pressure on them for you. I
have certainly had to deal with similar issues in my role in LU when we
received a notice from Brent Council to deal with similar issues.

There is legislation that requires this particular menace to be dealt
with.

--
Paul C