Old June 1st 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default pigeons toilet droppings Church Street bridge next to Edmonton green,London N9

been emailing one-railway and before that Wigan
for a few years and
lately I been talking with Environmental health and they say I have a
really good case to take nationalexpress or Enfield council to court
if they don't act as they say it is a joint responsibility
..phoned one-railway in march 2006 they said they will put up wire on
that bridge in summer 2006 which never happened.
Of late the pigeons nesting under it and they are increasing in
number.
I phone Enfield council and to their credit they put up wire at the
side of the Bridge but they said the middle of the bridge was not
their responsibility "this was in 2006".
but that as made the middle of the bridge increase with even more
pigeons due to the sides of the bridge being no longer there home.
pigeons dropping do carry extremely virulent germs and it that most
disgusting experience when you get a big pigeons toilet dropping on
you, Do you know what that is like! (week in week out)
I don't know any walkway like that on any major high road that as
pigeons toilet droppings fulling at such a rate, Enfield council is
having muiti million pound redevelopment of Edmonton Green and I am
sure if it was Enfield council this would be fixed,
But it is up to Enfield council to make sure nationalexpress rail or
national rail to stop this happening.

One-railway told its the responsibility of Enfield council
And Enfield council told me its the responsibility of one-railway
which is was taken over
by nationalexpress rail this year.

Traveling to work would be less stressful
if you put up some wire netting under the bridge which would mean I
don't have to worry about
pigeons toilet droppings landing on me and maybe You.
someone as to take responsibility for this.

Old June 1st 08, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 Jun, 19:43, "
wrote:

[...]

As it is a railway bridge then one would think this would be the
responsibility of Network Rail (the company who own and maintain the
rail infrastructure), though I do understand that local councils do
liaise with Network Rail over such matters (or at least they should
do).

The train operator (in this case now National Express East Anglia)
only really has any responsibility when it comes to stations.

I suggest you get in contact with Network Rail - the number of their
telephone hotline, postal address and an email form all appear on
their webpage he
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/3473.aspx