Old April 2nd 07, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Signal Cabins

Anyone know of where I can get list of signal cabins Southern Region
onwards together with No of levers.

Old April 2nd 07, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:
Anyone know of where I can get list of signal cabins Southern Region
onwards together with No of levers.

Eventually my website will include a list of all routes, showing signal
boxes, junctions and stations. This can be found at
http://wwww.conceptcrafts.co.uk/britishrailways1960 Some major routes on
the S.R. are complete, but most are not. The locations are/will be
correct as at October 1960.

Other than that, try http://www.signalbox.org/ I think it is a tall
order hoping to find out how many levers the boxes had though.

Brian.
Old April 2nd 07, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

The message
from Brian Robertson contains these words:

Other than that, try http://www.signalbox.org/ I think it is a tall
order hoping to find out how many levers the boxes had though.

The Signalling Record Society publish a series of books (obtainable from
the usual suppliers), each book covering a section of main line and its
branches. There is one for the Brighton main line, IIRC, and they list
all the signal boxes along the line, including the alterations made over
time, and show the track diagrams for each box, and the number of
levers. I have the various volumes which cover my areas of interest:
LNWR, L&Y, NS, CLC etc., and they make fascinating reading.

--
Dave,
Frodsham