Old April 3rd 07, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Your Oyster card has been stopped...

On the Oyster Card web site, I get this message:

"Your Oyster card has been stopped and you will not be able to use it
for any transaction on this site. Please call the Oyster Helpline on
0845 330 9876 for further information."

I did lose it - along with my work ID badge - a couple of weeks ago,
but never got around to reporting it. Yes, it had auto top-up on it
and I know I should have cancelled it right away - but I never quite
got around to it.

How else could it have got cancelled? I can only guess that someone
picked it up, and handed it in - but in that case, shouldn't I receive
an email or something saying it was found since it was properly
registered...

Or is there something much cleverer going on?

David.

Old April 3rd 07, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David F wrote:
On the Oyster Card web site, I get this message:

"Your Oyster card has been stopped and you will not be able to use it
for any transaction on this site. Please call the Oyster Helpline on
0845 330 9876 for further information."

I did lose it - along with my work ID badge - a couple of weeks ago,
but never got around to reporting it. Yes, it had auto top-up on it
and I know I should have cancelled it right away - but I never quite
got around to it.

How else could it have got cancelled? I can only guess that someone
picked it up, and handed it in - but in that case, shouldn't I receive
an email or something saying it was found since it was properly
registered...

Did you also loose a credit card missing to which was doing the auto-topup?

Old April 3rd 07, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 3, 6:59 pm, stevo wrote:
David F wrote:
On the Oyster Card web site, I get this message:

"Your Oyster card has been stopped and you will not be able to use it
for any transaction on this site. Please call the Oyster Helpline on
0845 330 9876 for further information."

I did lose it - along with my work ID badge - a couple of weeks ago,
but never got around to reporting it. Yes, it had auto top-up on it
and I know I should have cancelled it right away - but I never quite
got around to it.

How else could it have got cancelled? I can only guess that someone
picked it up, and handed it in - but in that case, shouldn't I receive
an email or something saying it was found since it was properly
registered...

Did you also loose a credit card missing to which was doing the auto-topup?

Nope. Just the Oyster and my work ID. No idea how they went missing
since neither ever leave my wallet.

D.

Old April 4th 07, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David F wrote:
Did you also loose a credit card missing to which was doing the
auto-topup?

Nope. Just the Oyster and my work ID. No idea how they went missing
since neither ever leave my wallet.

In which case, I'd recommend getting your bank to issue you with a new
credit card anyway. It's possible that somebody gained access to your wallet
briefly, and took the Oyster, but also copied the number of your credit or
bank card without taking it - to prevent you from cancelling it, and
allowing them to use it at their leisure in the hope that you won't realise
until you check your statements...