Old April 27th 07, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU end-to-end journey data

On 26 Apr 2007 22:55:58 -0700, MIG wrote:

Can you tell me of any NR stations which are not served by LU (eg
Wimbledon) which do sell Oyster?

Here is a complete list:

Beckenham Junction
City Thameslink
East Croydon
Essex Road
Fenchurch Street
Greenwich
Lewisham
Limehouse
Mitcham Junction

Old April 27th 07, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26 Apr 2007 22:55:58 -0700, MIG
wrote:

hat if you pay by preprinted company cheque (eg a loan)
and don't know the payee at an Oyster shop, or whether they'd accept
it? Your season's about to expire. You are standing in the Accounts
department. What do you tell them to put on the cheque?

"London Underground Limited", in my case. I do my research before I
need to start panicking.
Old April 27th 07, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:

hat if you pay by preprinted company cheque (eg a loan)
and don't know the payee at an Oyster shop, or whether they'd accept
it? Your season's about to expire. You are standing in the Accounts
department. What do you tell them to put on the cheque?

"London Underground Limited", in my case. I do my research before I
need to start panicking.

Er, hallo? If you live in south London? What research tells you the
payee of your nearest Oyster shop?

My journeys to and from work don't involve any LU stations or NR
stations that sell Oyster, and yet I need a zone 1 & 2 travelcard.

This means that I am punished on the few occasions when I need to go
to zone 3 by LU.

Old April 27th 07, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Apr 27, 12:56 pm, asdf wrote:
On 26 Apr 2007 22:55:58 -0700, MIG wrote:

Can you tell me of any NR stations which are not served by LU (eg
Wimbledon) which do sell Oyster?

Here is a complete list:

Beckenham Junction
City Thameslink
East Croydon
Essex Road
Fenchurch Street
Greenwich
Lewisham
Limehouse
Mitcham Junction

Wow. Comprehensive huh? Thank you for this.

However, some of these stations have card-only machines. The ticket
offices still don't sell Oyster, and if you want to pay by cheque or
cash you are stuffed.

When will the Oyster apologists wake up and make the bluddy thing
available or else stop punishing those of us for whom it is not fully
available?

Old April 28th 07, 01:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Apr 2007 16:11:08 -0700, MIG
wrote:

What research tells you the payee of your nearest Oyster shop?

Going along to it and asking them politely.
Old April 28th 07, 02:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:46 +0100 (BST), Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

people who need an extension on a paper travelcard.

AIUI, period Travelcards from out-boundary on National Rail are
valid from z1-6, so the question doesn't arise.

Not so. They can be valid to any of the following:

Z1-6
Z2-6
Z3-6
Z4-6
Z5-6
Z6

Eh? To a London Terminal?

I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll attempt to illustrate my previous
post with an example.

The following season tickets which include Travelcards are available
from Redhill (which is outside Z6):

Redhill to Z1-6
Redhill to Z2-6
Redhill to Z3-6
Redhill to Z4-6
Redhill to Z5-6
Redhill to Z6
Old April 28th 07, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

hat if you pay by preprinted company cheque (eg a loan)
and don't know the payee at an Oyster shop, or whether they'd accept
it? Your season's about to expire. You are standing in the Accounts
department. What do you tell them to put on the cheque?

"London Underground Limited", in my case. I do my research before I
need to start panicking.

Er, hallo? If you live in south London? What research tells you the
payee of your nearest Oyster shop?

My journeys to and from work don't involve any LU stations or NR
stations that sell Oyster, and yet I need a zone 1 & 2 travelcard.

This means that I am punished on the few occasions when I need to go
to zone 3 by LU.

OK, this doesn't seem to fit with any reality I understand. Where can
you possibly go every day for work in Zone 1 that is a station, and
that doesn't do Oyster? Even if you're commuting by NR, all the London
Terminals have attached Underground stations...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old April 28th 07, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:

[...]

Firstly, even if I did work in Zone 1 (like when I worked near Oxford
Circus), I would still need to queue for half an hour in the evening
rush hour to pay by company cheque to renew for the following day.
Preferable to pay at my local station.

As it happens, I don't work in zone 1, but I do need to pass through
it, usually in a hurry. No LU involved. Station one end has a credit
card only machine (which doesn't take cheques), station the other end
has no Oyster facility at all. Neither deals with Oyster at the
counter.

All the things you suggest are POSSIBLE. The point is that you have
to plan ahead like a military operation and make all kinds of
diversions in order to avoid the potential punishment fares for not
having your travelcard on Oyster when you do occaionally go to zone 3
on LU.

It's not my fault that if I do the typical thing of going to my local
station in the morning to catch a train and renew my travelcard at the
same time, I can only get a paper one.

And whether you believe me or not does not in any way argue against my
suggstion of selling reasonably priced paper extensions to people who,
for reasons which you may consider to be insane, have a paper
travelcard. In fact, there's simply no need for extensions to be £4,
because they are by definition added to a travelcard.

Old April 28th 07, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote

Can you tell me of any NR stations which are not served by LU (eg
Wimbledon) which do sell Oyster?

Here is a complete list:

Beckenham Junction
City Thameslink
East Croydon
Essex Road
Fenchurch Street
Greenwich
Lewisham
Limehouse
Mitcham Junction

Wow. Comprehensive huh? Thank you for this.

However, some of these stations have card-only machines. The ticket
offices still don't sell Oyster, and if you want to pay by cheque or
cash you are stuffed.

Will you and anyone else with personal experience mark the list
accordingly ?

Same for NR stations that *are* served by LU such as
Euston,
Liverpool St,
Kings Cross (Thameslink)
Marylebone
Richmond
Wimbledon

When will the Oyster apologists wake up and make the bluddy thing
available or else stop punishing those of us for whom it is not fully
available?

Between now and 2008 no doubt.

--
Mike D

[OT] High-resolution population density data for London? Tom Anderson London Transport 0 March 3rd 08 04:06 PM
Oyster data Roland Perry London Transport 3 March 20th 06 12:57 AM
LBC Satellite Data Vernon London Transport 20 May 22nd 05 05:04 PM
Oyster card data j London Transport 0 October 16th 03 05:33 PM
Underground data plates Clive D. W. Feather London Transport 6 August 25th 03 06:46 AM