Old May 1st 07, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford DLR

Any news on the new DLR platforms - wasn't one supposed to be open by April?

Paul S

Old May 1st 07, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Any news on the new DLR platforms - wasn't one supposed to be open by April?

It was... it didn't...
Did not bother to check today, but yesterday there were no third rail
on the visible part of the new track - so I guess it will take at
least a couple of weeks to finish...

Old May 3rd 07, 01:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 1, 1:08 pm, alex_t wrote:
Any news on the new DLR platforms - wasn't one supposed to be open by April?

It was... it didn't...
Did not bother to check today, but yesterday there were no third rail
on the visible part of the new track - so I guess it will take at
least a couple of weeks to finish...

I didn't notice that the third rail was missing, but I did get on the
DLR at Stratford yesterday (2nd May) and the new platforms were very
much not open - still boarded off from the main concourse.

Tom

Old May 3rd 07, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Page" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 1, 1:08 pm, alex_t wrote:
Any news on the new DLR platforms - wasn't one supposed to be open by
April?

It was... it didn't...
Did not bother to check today, but yesterday there were no third rail
on the visible part of the new track - so I guess it will take at
least a couple of weeks to finish...

I didn't notice that the third rail was missing, but I did get on the
DLR at Stratford yesterday (2nd May) and the new platforms were very
much not open - still boarded off from the main concourse.

Its odd that this project seems to have been running late for ages, most
previous DLR upgrades seem to have stuck very much to the announced plan
IIRC...

Paul

Old May 4th 07, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 3, 2:43 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Its odd that this project seems to have been running late for ages, most
previous DLR upgrades seem to have stuck very much to the announced plan
IIRC...

This project might involve Network Rail - who don't have the most
consistent record when it comes to on-time projects.

I do agree though that it seems highly unusual that a project
involving the DLR is delayed.

Old May 4th 07, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 3, 2:43 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Its odd that this project seems to have been running late for ages, most
previous DLR upgrades seem to have stuck very much to the announced plan
IIRC...

This project might involve Network Rail - who don't have the most
consistent record when it comes to on-time projects.

This is only the DLR capacity upgrade to the Lewisham line terminus though,
I can't see any area that really impinges upon Network Rail territory, the
line being altered runs into Stratford platform 4 to the south of the main
lines, but all the work is to divert the DLR tracks further to the south
towards the new platforms 4A and 4B. However you might have hit the nail on
the head if the line through platform 5 requires a possession so the DLR can
work on their own track...

Paul

Old May 8th 07, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Next scheduled engineering work is on May 19th and 20th - I *really*
hope they will finish it this time...

Old May 9th 07, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 1 May 2007 11:10:53 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Any news on the new DLR platforms - wasn't one supposed to be open by April?

I am told Mid June for the opening of the new platforms.
--
Paul C

Old May 10th 07, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I am told Mid June for the opening of the new platforms.

PlatformS? Multiple?

Old May 10th 07, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 May 2007 09:55:14 -0700, alex_t
wrote:

I am told Mid June for the opening of the new platforms.

PlatformS? Multiple?

In the sense that it is an island platform with tracks both side AIUI
and would thus have two platform numbers (one for each track).
--
Paul C