Old May 11th 07, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Euston to Kings Cross - quickest way?

Jonathan Morris wrote:
On 1 May, 22:23, Paul Corfield wrote:
you're unlikely to encounter massed hordes of people late in the
evening.

But over the years, I've encountered a number of well dressed people
asking me if I can lend them some money as they've just been mugged,
run out of petrol, (insert excuse here) on the short walk between the
stations. Having heard these stories so many times (and if you've been
mugged, you call the police), I just tell them to get lost - in a
nice, don't want to end up stabbed, kind of way.

Never have figured out why it has happened so often there!

You don't honestly believe that the majority of the people telling those
sob stories outside stations really *have* been mugged, do you?

--

Stephen

Kirk: Say I was Tom Cruise, where would you seat me?
Luke: In an acting class.

Old May 11th 07, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 May, 13:35, "Toby" wrote:
Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station?

In the days when London's major roads were awash with Routemasters you
could sometimes on impulse substitute part of an intended brisk walk
by jumping on an RM in pause mode at a handy traffic light and bale
out at your intended destination slightly earlier than expected. No
longer an option more's the pity/thank goodness depending on your
opinion of open platform buses.

--
gordon