Old May 31st 07, 05:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Harringay Station Question

On May 12, 3:31 pm, Ian Jelf wrote:
Can anyone tell be the year in which Harringay (formerly Harringay West)
station opened?

Google and Wikipedia and all my London books seem unable to give me a
date (though I seem to have become an expert on unwanted data about
Harringay East/Stadium/East/Green Lanes in the process!

Thanks in advance
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

Registered Blue Badge Tourist Guide for London and the Heart of Englandhttp://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

I found this on a Transport bb site, but would like a reference:

"Green Lanes was renamed to Harringay Park, Green Lanes in 1883.
However that name only lasted until June 1951 when the station was
again renamed, this time to just plain Harringay Park. Seven years
later (October 1958) another renaming this time to Harringay Stadium,
the name coming from the nearby dog track of the same name. The dog
track closed in 1990 and in May 1990 the name of the station was again
changed to reflect the closure, the name chosen this time was
Harringay East. The station got its present name (Harringay Green
Lanes) a year later in May 1991!"
THis is the link http://tangytango.proboards14.com/in...d=111610066 6