Old May 13th 07, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Termnal 5

I was greeted by a load of London Transport staff at Heathrow 123 station
this morning, telling me there was no Piccadilly Line service. I asked why?
and was told that the train drivers were walking the new tunnels to T5!
Surely this would not affect the H123 to Cockfosters service?

Old May 14th 07, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Hugh Jarse writes

I was greeted by a load of London Transport staff at Heathrow 123 station
this morning, telling me there was no Piccadilly Line service. I asked why?
and was told that the train drivers were walking the new tunnels to T5!
Surely this would not affect the H123 to Cockfosters service?

There was a planned closure of Hatton Cross and Heathrow 123 yesterday.
--
Paul Terry
Old May 14th 07, 07:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Hugh Jarse writes

I was greeted by a load of London Transport staff at Heathrow 123 station
this morning, telling me there was no Piccadilly Line service. I asked
why?
and was told that the train drivers were walking the new tunnels to T5!
Surely this would not affect the H123 to Cockfosters service?

There was a planned closure of Hatton Cross and Heathrow 123 yesterday.
--
Paul Terry

Am I correct in saying Heathrow Terminal 4 is the least used tube station on
the network?

Old May 14th 07, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:

Whenever I've used T4, there were always at least a few people getting
on and off. There must be quiet suburban stations where no-one gets on
and off some trains, which are probably less frequent too.

I would guess T4 is one of the busier stations on the network, in the top
third.

Surely T4 station has another claim to fame -- is it not the only
single-platform, one-way station on the Underground?
And I can't think of any other stations with no direct exit to the
surface without passing through a non-LU building.

Euston?
Walthamstow Central?
Marylebone?

Maybe Waterloo (W&C)?

I believe Moor Park's exits are both in a private estate.

Old May 14th 07, 02:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
Recliner wrote:

Whenever I've used T4, there were always at least a few people
getting on and off. There must be quiet suburban stations where
no-one gets on and off some trains, which are probably less frequent
too.

I would guess T4 is one of the busier stations on the network, in the
top third.

Surely T4 station has another claim to fame -- is it not the only
single-platform, one-way station on the Underground?
And I can't think of any other stations with no direct exit to the
surface without passing through a non-LU building.

Euston?
Walthamstow Central?
Marylebone?

Maybe Waterloo (W&C)?

I believe Moor Park's exits are both in a private estate.

Yes, I should have been clearer -- I meant without passing through a
non-station building. I did think of Waterloo W&C and realised there'd
be other similar national rail stations where the Tube exit was on the
station concourse. I hadn't thought of the Moor Park situation though.

Old May 14th 07, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 14, 3:59 pm, "Recliner" wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in

Recliner wrote:

[...]

Moor Parks exits form part of a Public Footpath and this passes
through the Subway too.

Other stations where the LUL entrance/exit is via another building is
High St Kensington, Bond Street, Hammersmith (Dist & Picc), Fulham
Broadway - cant think of any others at the moment!

Old May 14th 07, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

chunky munky wrote:

Other stations where the LUL entrance/exit is via another building is
High St Kensington, Bond Street,

Bond St station has two exits direct to the street, one of which is in
Stratford Place.

Hammersmith (Dist & Picc), Fulham Broadway

I think Fulham Broadway has an exit to the street, but it is only open
during footie matches.

Old May 14th 07, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
chunky munky wrote:

Other stations where the LUL entrance/exit is via another building is
High St Kensington, Bond Street,

Bond St station has two exits direct to the street, one of which is in
Stratford Place.

Hammersmith (Dist & Picc), Fulham Broadway

I think Fulham Broadway has an exit to the street, but it is only open
during footie matches.

Yes, I think that's right.