London Banter

-   -   Ghosts on the Underground (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5269-ghosts-underground.html)

Toby May 16th 07 10:56 AM

Ghosts on the Underground

There was a good programme on Sky yesterday called 'Ghosts on the
Underground'. It mentioned a few paranormal sightings, including an alleged
haunted sub-Thames tunnel at Embankment station, a Covent Garden ghost and
other weird goings on.

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

Paul Scott May 16th 07 10:57 AM

Ghosts on the Underground

"Toby" wrote in message ...
There was a good programme on Sky yesterday called 'Ghosts on the
Underground'. It mentioned a few paranormal sightings, including an
alleged haunted sub-Thames tunnel at Embankment station, a Covent Garden
ghost and other weird goings on.

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

Yeah, the PAYG balance on my Oyster Card has never appeared to go down since
about last August...

Paul S

Boltar May 16th 07 02:09 PM

Ghosts on the Underground

On 16 May, 11:56, "Toby" wrote:
There was a good programme on Sky yesterday called 'Ghosts on the
Underground'. It mentioned a few paranormal sightings, including an alleged
haunted sub-Thames tunnel at Embankment station, a Covent Garden ghost and
other weird goings on.

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

I saw a happy station assistant the other day. Obviously this was an
apparition as everyone knows theres no such thing.

B2003

www.waspies.net May 16th 07 03:43 PM

Ghosts on the Underground

Boltar wrote:
On 16 May, 11:56, "Toby" wrote:
There was a good programme on Sky yesterday called 'Ghosts on the
Underground'. It mentioned a few paranormal sightings, including an alleged
haunted sub-Thames tunnel at Embankment station, a Covent Garden ghost and
other weird goings on.

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

I saw a happy station assistant the other day. Obviously this was an
apparition as everyone knows theres no such thing.

B2003

I once saw someone whistling the Dam Busters tune, wearing a bright pink
suit and wearing a flowery hat, he also had a large badge with one word
BOLTAR written on it...either that or it was an acid trip:)

Boltar May 16th 07 04:21 PM

Ghosts on the Underground

On 16 May, 16:43, "www.waspies.net" wrote:
I once saw someone whistling the Dam Busters tune, wearing a bright pink
suit and wearing a flowery hat, he also had a large badge with one word
BOLTAR written on it...either that or it was an acid trip:)

Just me coming home from the net cafe after posting on here ;)

B2003

Bill Hayles May 17th 07 07:34 AM

Ghosts on the Underground

On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:56:03 +0100, "Toby" wrote:

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

Nothing to do with ghosts, but there was a colony of scorpions at Ongar.
This was no urban myth - I saw them for myself; they lived in the brick
wall of the platform.

--
Bill Hayles

http://billnot.com

Ian Jelf May 17th 07 08:21 AM

Ghosts on the Underground

In message , Bill Hayles
writes
On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:56:03 +0100, "Toby" wrote:

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

Nothing to do with ghosts, but there was a colony of scorpions at Ongar.
This was no urban myth - I saw them for myself; they lived in the brick
wall of the platform.

I've heard that story many times and *always* thought it was a myth.
Thanks for enlightening me on that one, Bill!

(Wish the Tube still went out there.......)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk