Old May 16th 07, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ghosts on the Underground

There was a good programme on Sky yesterday called 'Ghosts on the
Underground'. It mentioned a few paranormal sightings, including an alleged
haunted sub-Thames tunnel at Embankment station, a Covent Garden ghost and
other weird goings on.

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

Old May 16th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Toby" wrote in message ...
There was a good programme on Sky yesterday called 'Ghosts on the
Underground'. It mentioned a few paranormal sightings, including an
alleged haunted sub-Thames tunnel at Embankment station, a Covent Garden
ghost and other weird goings on.

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

Yeah, the PAYG balance on my Oyster Card has never appeared to go down since
about last August...

Paul S

Old May 16th 07, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 May, 11:56, "Toby" wrote:
There was a good programme on Sky yesterday called 'Ghosts on the
Underground'. It mentioned a few paranormal sightings, including an alleged
haunted sub-Thames tunnel at Embankment station, a Covent Garden ghost and
other weird goings on.

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

I saw a happy station assistant the other day. Obviously this was an
apparition as everyone knows theres no such thing.

B2003

Old May 16th 07, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
On 16 May, 11:56, "Toby" wrote:
There was a good programme on Sky yesterday called 'Ghosts on the
Underground'. It mentioned a few paranormal sightings, including an alleged
haunted sub-Thames tunnel at Embankment station, a Covent Garden ghost and
other weird goings on.

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

I saw a happy station assistant the other day. Obviously this was an
apparition as everyone knows theres no such thing.

B2003

I once saw someone whistling the Dam Busters tune, wearing a bright pink
suit and wearing a flowery hat, he also had a large badge with one word
BOLTAR written on it...either that or it was an acid trip
Old May 16th 07, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 May, 16:43, "www.waspies.net" wrote:
I once saw someone whistling the Dam Busters tune, wearing a bright pink
suit and wearing a flowery hat, he also had a large badge with one word
BOLTAR written on it...either that or it was an acid trip

Just me coming home from the net cafe after posting on here

B2003

Old May 17th 07, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:56:03 +0100, "Toby" wrote:

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

Nothing to do with ghosts, but there was a colony of scorpions at Ongar.
This was no urban myth - I saw them for myself; they lived in the brick
wall of the platform.

--
Bill Hayles

http://billnot.com
Old May 17th 07, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Bill Hayles
writes
On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:56:03 +0100, "Toby" wrote:

So, has anybody here seen or got a good spooky story relating to the tube?

Nothing to do with ghosts, but there was a colony of scorpions at Ongar.
This was no urban myth - I saw them for myself; they lived in the brick
wall of the platform.

I've heard that story many times and *always* thought it was a myth.
Thanks for enlightening me on that one, Bill!

(Wish the Tube still went out there.......)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk