London Banter

-   -   Has TfL only just awoken? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5274-has-tfl-only-just-awoken.html)

Helen Deborah Vecht May 17th 07 12:51 PM

Has TfL only just awoken?

I received an email today from TfL, informing me that the TfL website
had been updated.

This happened two months ago, didn't it?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Stephan Bird May 17th 07 01:32 PM

Has TfL only just awoken?

On Thu, 17 May 2007 13:51:09 +0100, in
Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

I received an email today from TfL, informing me that the TfL website
had been updated.

This happened two months ago, didn't it?

Well, hopefully it's updated on a regular basis, to let us know of all the
delays on the tube etc., so perhaps revamped is a better turn of phrase...

Stephan
--
Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC
Currently in Caernarfon, Wales

Richard J. May 17th 07 01:46 PM

Has TfL only just awoken?

wrote:

I received an email today from TfL, informing me that the TfL
website had been updated.

This happened two months ago, didn't it?

Well, hopefully it's updated on a regular basis, to let us know of
all the delays on the tube etc., so perhaps revamped is a better
turn of phrase...

"Re-launched" is actually what the email says.

"We've listened to our passengers and made it easier for them to get
essential information from the site." Personally I find it more
difficult to know where to look, and anything I want to find seems to
need at least one more navigation step (either a click or a scroll down)
than previously.

I notice that there's no invitation of feedback. I wonder if a reply to
would actually reach the sender (Caroline
Little, Head of Group New Media).
--
Richard J.

Dave Newt May 17th 07 09:11 PM

Has TfL only just awoken?

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
I received an email today from TfL, informing me that the TfL website
had been updated.

This happened two months ago, didn't it?

I presumed that they wait for spontaneous feedback to fix any problems
people found before they officially told *everyone*.

Which makes sense to me. (A bit like Gmail pretending to be exclusive
when they started, when in reality it was probably to iron out bugs
while the userbase wasn't in the millions.)

Graham J May 20th 07 08:26 AM

Has TfL only just awoken?

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
I received an email today from TfL, informing me that the TfL website
had been updated.

I had that too.

This happened two months ago, didn't it?

Yes, and they told me back then as well.

G.