London Banter

-   -   It looks like my Oyster was undercharged... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5335-looks-like-my-oyster-undercharged.html)

Helen Deborah Vecht June 8th 07 07:35 AM

It looks like my Oyster was undercharged...

Reviewing my journey history from a recent weekend day trip, I see my
Oyster was charged £1.50 one way from Z4-Z1 and £1.00 the other. There
were no other journeys on it that day, so capping didn't apply.

I think the fare should be £2 each way but if the card has been used
correctly I can't be held to be cheating. As the journeys were made by
my partner, there is little chance of identifying which gates were
involved.

Has there been a recent systemic glitch which could deprive TfL of far
more than my trivial £1.50?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Mojo June 8th 07 10:17 AM

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Reviewing my journey history from a recent weekend day trip, I see my
Oyster was charged £1.50 one way from Z4-Z1 and £1.00 the other. There
were no other journeys on it that day, so capping didn't apply.

I think the fare should be £2 each way but if the card has been used
correctly I can't be held to be cheating. As the journeys were made by
my partner, there is little chance of identifying which gates were
involved.

You're correct - the weekend fare is £2 each way for that journey!

Has there been a recent systemic glitch which could deprive TfL of far
more than my trivial £1.50?

If if would help ease any guilt you may have, I've been overcharged by
£1.50 in the past but felt it's not worth the hassle to phone them up so
not bothered :-)

Stevo June 8th 07 09:47 PM

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Reviewing my journey history from a recent weekend day trip, I see my
Oyster was charged £1.50 one way from Z4-Z1 and £1.00 the other. There
were no other journeys on it that day, so capping didn't apply.

I think the fare should be £2 each way but if the card has been used
correctly I can't be held to be cheating. As the journeys were made by
my partner, there is little chance of identifying which gates were
involved.

His girlfriend is in Z2?

Helen Deborah Vecht June 8th 07 10:41 PM

It looks like my Oyster was undercharged...

Stevo typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Reviewing my journey history from a recent weekend day trip, I see my
Oyster was charged £1.50 one way from Z4-Z1 and £1.00 the other. There
were no other journeys on it that day, so capping didn't apply.

I think the fare should be £2 each way but if the card has been used
correctly I can't be held to be cheating. As the journeys were made by
my partner, there is little chance of identifying which gates were
involved.

His girlfriend is in Z2?

Has there been a recent systemic glitch which could deprive TfL of far
more than my trivial £1.50?

It's my PAYG Oyster, (I have a DP Freedom Pass) on more or less
permanent loan to himself. We live together in Zone 4 land and choose
between several Z4 stations.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.