Old July 5th 07, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
ded ded is offline

Default BBC news Central line Mile End derailment

Just curious, but are there points in that vacinity? I don't think there
are.....
Now maybe I'm being alarmist, but I remember with 7/7 that the initial
reports were of power outages, gradual suspension of service etc And
the bus "incident" was initially reported on the day, as a seperate issue.
Is a derailment on a section of track where no points are involved, well
is that as dubious as I'm reading into it?
Or is the current climate and recent events (two Mercedes in London
and Glasgow airport) making me paranoid.

Old July 5th 07, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

The latter ;-)

Old July 5th 07, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

ded wrote:
Just curious, but are there points in that vacinity? I don't think there
are.....
Now maybe I'm being alarmist,

No, you're being hopeful, like most of the country you secretly relish
the idea of bombs going off due to the free entertainment that Sky
News and the BBC provide.

but I remember with 7/7 that the initial
reports were of power outages, gradual suspension of service etc And
the bus "incident" was initially reported on the day, as a seperate issue.

Is a derailment on a section of track where no points are involved, well
is that as dubious as I'm reading into it?

Not really, engineering workers leave somethign on the track, a bogie
falls off etc. Last time a Central derailed, it was at Chancery Lane,
again no points

Or is the current climate and recent events (two Mercedes in London
and Glasgow airport) making me paranoid.

Yes

Old July 5th 07, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 5, 11:14 am, Paul Weaver wrote:
ded wrote:
[...]

After that there was a derailment at White City

Old July 5th 07, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
T P T P is offline

Were there not derailments some years ago on the Central Line caused by poor
maintanance of the shoes and bogies?

Hello chunky,