Old July 6th 07, 11:07 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Reuters announce Chiltern Railways for sale

"JP" wrote in message
oups.com...

The three most reliable DMU Fleets at present are SWT 159s, TPE 185s
and FGW 165/166s. Two of those are Barbie liveried, and the Chiltern
Fleets are a few thousand MPC adrift of the top three.

Am I right in thinking SWT haven't had the overhauled 158s long enough for
meaningful statistics to be gathered yet? I guess they are hoping to achieve
similar figures to the 159s in due course?

Paul

Old July 6th 07, 11:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
JP JP is offline

On 6 Jul, 12:07, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"JP" wrote in message

oups.com...

The three most reliable DMU Fleets at present are SWT 159s, TPE 185s
and FGW 165/166s. Two of those are Barbie liveried, and the Chiltern
Fleets are a few thousand MPC adrift of the top three.

Am I right in thinking SWT haven't had the overhauled 158s long enough for
meaningful statistics to be gathered yet? I guess they are hoping to achieve
similar figures to the 159s in due course?

Paul

I was speaking to one of their Salisbury based engineers a month back.
SWT certainly intend their 158 and ex-158 DMUs to perform as well.
They have always reported the 158/159 fleets as a combined figure in
any case. Contrary to popular belief the idea of ATOC's NFRIP is to
increase co-operation between commercial rivals and increase overall
reliability. So with 158s from FGW going to Wabtec it makes sense to
see what worked well and not so well with other operators. SWTs fleet
visit Salisbury very regularly and get tender loving care, other
operators can have their fleets stuck in sidings away from depots for
several days at a time so I suspect SWT will always have or be very
near the top spot DMU wise.

Old July 9th 07, 05:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, JP wrote:

SWTs fleet visit Salisbury very regularly and get tender loving care

Hmm. I suppose with the demise of steam, trains now have to go to great
lengths to get some tender lovin'. Didn't realise Salisbury Depot was now
functioning as a rolling stock brothel, though.

Insert jokes about greasy coupling etc as desired.

Sorry.

tom

--
Tech - No Babble