Old July 6th 07, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Card

How do I get a refund on my Oyster Card?

On Tuesday 26/06/07 I had a much disrupted journey between Walthamstow
Central and Paddington.

Having entered Walthamstow Central underground we were advised to use the
overground services instead. These were overcrowded and therefore when it
was announced a few minutes later that the Victoria line was running I
re-entered the station.

I was unable to alight at Kings X which was closed due to overcrowding.
Instead I had to exit at Euston and walk to Euston Square to pick up the
circle line.
Euston Square station was extremely overcrowded and we were advised by staff
not to use the barriers. I did try to swipe my Oystercard but the barriers
seem to have been switched off. Consequently I have been overcharged.

The journey history looks like this:

26/06/07
09:21 Paddington Exit £4.00 £8.90
08:58 Euston Exit £1.50 £12.90
08:21 Walthamstow Central Entry £4.00 £11.40
08:13 Walthamstow Central Exit £3.00 £15.40
08:12 Walthamstow Central Entry £4.00 £12.40

23/06/07 17:14 Walthamstow Central Exit £3.00 £16.40

How do I get the entry for Euston Square sorted out. It seems very unfair
that I should be charged for this as it was a result of their opening the
barriers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EB

Old July 6th 07, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Jul 6, 1:50 pm, "Barnsely Bill" wrote:
[...]

I would put in a customer charter form. I don't know what the people
being bused to Ilford are doing at the moment as I assume Ilford isn't
even on Oyster so I assume that they have to buy a ticket. I have also
wondered what happens when you get turfed off the tube onto local
buses. Are you expected to swipe and claim back or not swipe and hope
the parasitic revenue inspectors don't get on.
I suppose all those people who got walked off the Central Line train
on prepay got done for £4 penalty charge.

Kevin

Old July 6th 07, 01:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 6, 2:08 pm, Kev wrote:
[...]

They would just have to show their oyster card, on in affect to
wherever the bus goes to from Ilford would be free. If they touched in
at Stratford or Liverpool Street then their journey would then need to
be completed at a Ticket Office or the maximum fare would be charged.
Unless the Auto-Resolve function for those two stations has been
activated.

Old July 6th 07, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

How do I get a refund on my Oyster Card?

[...snip...]

You could phone the Oyster help desk but I find it easier to contact them by
e-mail using what used to be called 'Ask Oyster', and anecdotal evidence
suggests the e-mail team are a lot more effective at solving problems. If
you go to https://transportforlondon.custhelp.com/ and select the Oyster
tab, you can then used the 'My Oyster' link to e-mail them. Just give them
the number of your Oyster card and explain what happened and they'll be able
to sort it. Unless instructed otherwise they'll probably send you a refund
as a voucher thingy you have to cash at a ticket office which is a pain, but
apparently you can request the refund be applied when you pass through the
gates at a nominated station, just like a top-up.

G.

Old July 7th 07, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

08:13 Walthamstow Central Exit £3.00 £15.40
08:12 Walthamstow Central Entry £4.00 £12.40

Didn't they say that entering/exiting the same station in a short amount
of time (10 min?) is now free?

Old July 7th 07, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 6, 2:08 pm, Kev wrote:
[...]

My S.O. Touched out at Mile End.

Yesterday, aving being stung before by the theft that is Oyster, we
bought cash tickets (£4, rather than £3.50), which were good for the
tube, bus, tube to work.

On the way back at 23:30 (last tube normally 00:15), we again bought
paper tickets, which got us to Walthamstow. After 25 minutes waiting
for the replacement bus, with no officials anywhere to explain what
was going, we gave up and got a train to chingford, then a 30 minute
wait for a taxi home.

As a normal journey is 1 hour, with a 10 minute wait, the 2h10 journey
in the morning means a claim on the charter, the 2h30 trip home means
another claim. Not sure if I'll get the taxi fare back.

Old July 7th 07, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Krieger" wrote in message
08:13 Walthamstow Central Exit £3.00 £15.40
08:12 Walthamstow Central Entry £4.00 £12.40

Didn't they say that entering/exiting the same station in a short amount
of time (10 min?) is now free?

That was my understanding.

I managed to speak to the Oyster helpline about this yesterday and they have
issued a refund of this and the other overcharge.

Thanks for all your help chaps :-)

Old July 7th 07, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 7, 2:41 pm, "Barnsely Bill" wrote:
I managed to speak to the Oyster helpline about this yesterday and they have
issued a refund of this and the other overcharge.

Thanks for all your help chaps :-)

Did they refund the cost of the premium rate phone call?

Old July 7th 07, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 7, 2:41 pm, "Barnsely Bill" wrote:
I managed to speak to the Oyster helpline about this yesterday and they
have
issued a refund of this and the other overcharge.

Thanks for all your help chaps :-)

Did they refund the cost of the premium rate phone call?

No - but at 3.5 pence per minute it hardly matters.

Old July 8th 07, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 7, 6:31 pm, wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Paul Weaver
wrote:

On Jul 7, 2:41 pm, "Barnsely Bill" wrote:
I managed to speak to the Oyster helpline about this yesterday and they have
issued a refund of this and the other overcharge.

Thanks for all your help chaps :-)

Did they refund the cost of the premium rate phone call?

Who said anything about a premium rate phone call Paul

Non geographic calls (especially 0870 calls) are premium rates, they
aren't included in most free call price plans etc. They don't
advertise the geographic number anywhere.

Either way, a 20 minute call at 4p per minute (the last time I tried
to get my money back) is 80p, not worth it if you're trying to get a
weekend non-zone-1 ticket back.