Old July 7th 07, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Day travelCards

Hi

I am taking a youth group into London during August and have determined that
getting travelcards is best for us

For 2 of the days we will be travelling from Victoria to Chingford (having
to change for the train at Walthamstow)

Can I confirm that day travelcards will cover us all the way to Chingford?
We can buy Travelcards at Chingford railway station?

Hope someone can confirm

Frazer

Old July 7th 07, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 21:57:03 +0100, "Knowlege is Powder"
wrote:

Hi

I am taking a youth group into London during August and have determined that
getting travelcards is best for us

For 2 of the days we will be travelling from Victoria to Chingford (having
to change for the train at Walthamstow)

Can I confirm that day travelcards will cover us all the way to Chingford?
We can buy Travelcards at Chingford railway station?

Hope someone can confirm

You haven't indicated how old the youths will be as that is quite
crucial in giving advice on travel costs for younger people in London as
certain ages travel free on TfL services (but not national rail
services).

I would guess you are camping at Gilwell Park if you are using Chingford
as a railhead. The only other option would be the Lea Valley Campsite
which is served by the 215 bus from Walthamstow Central Station.

Yes a Day Travelcard will be the best option - if possible I would
suggest you travel off peak. This is after 09.30 Monday - Friday or
anytime at weekends or on bank holidays. If you can travel off peak then
you would buy Zone 1-6 One Day Travelcards - the adult price is £6.70
and the child price is £2.00. If the children are 15 years of age or
younger then each adult can take 4 children at a special price of £1 for
the one day ticket.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ild_Oyster.pdf

If you have to travel before 09.30 M-F then prices rise considerably -
£13.20 for a Day Travelcard for an adult and £6.60 per child.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...April-2007.pdf

You can buy your One Day tickets in advance so it might be worth buying
the tickets you need all at once. Chingford Station will sell you one
day travelcards and you can also buy them at what are called "Oyster
ticket stops" or "ticket stops" which are ordinary shops like a
newsagent that also sells TfL tickets.

A search for E4 (Chingford's post code) brings up these results - there
are two for Station Road which is the main road in Chingford town centre
and the station is at one end of it.

http://ticketlocator.tfl.gov.uk/resu...ID=E4&srcBln=2

Hope all that helps. I live in Walthamstow so this is sort of my local
area hence the detailed reply.

--
Paul C

Old July 8th 07, 07:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

You haven't indicated how old the youths will be as that is quite
crucial in giving advice on travel costs for younger people in London as
certain ages travel free on TfL services (but not national rail
services).

Ages 11 - 14, So i dont think they get free tube travel

Yes a Day Travelcard will be the best option - if possible I would
suggest you travel off peak. This is after 09.30 Monday - Friday or
anytime at weekends or on bank holidays. If you can travel off peak then
you would buy Zone 1-6 One Day Travelcards - the adult price is £6.70
and the child price is £2.00. If the children are 15 years of age or
younger then each adult can take 4 children at a special price of £1 for
the one day ticket.

Yes we will be travelling off peak, we have 14 children 5 adults so yes we
can easily take them for £1

You can buy your One Day tickets in advance so it might be worth buying
the tickets you need all at once. Chingford Station will sell you one
day travelcards and you can also buy them at what are called "Oyster
ticket stops" or "ticket stops" which are ordinary shops like a
newsagent that also sells TfL tickets.

Purchasing in advance will be a good idea, but it looks like we can only buy
them when we get there (ie not online)

A search for E4 (Chingford's post code) brings up these results - there
are two for Station Road which is the main road in Chingford town centre
and the station is at one end of it.

http://ticketlocator.tfl.gov.uk/resu...ID=E4&srcBln=2

Hope all that helps. I live in Walthamstow so this is sort of my local
area hence the detailed reply.

Thanks for that

Old July 8th 07, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I think Photocards will be needed for those aged 14&15 (handy also for
younger people who look much older) to prove entitlement for under 16
fares. I'm not sure how you get these but feel you should try to get
them in advance if possible.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old July 8th 07, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 8 Jul, 09:40, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
I think Photocards will be needed for those aged 14&15 (handy also for
younger people who look much older) to prove entitlement for under 16
fares. I'm not sure how you get these but feel you should try to get
them in advance if possible.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Only if bought at a tube station - from a National Rail station no
photocard is required for 14/15 year olds.

Jonathan