Old September 24th 03, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oystercard and one day travelcards

I got my oystercard in the post the other day, and I'll have to travel
in to zone 1 tonight but the monthly ticket that's loaded on to the
oyster doesn't start until the 30th. Is it possible at this time to
load day travelcards and other tickets on to oysters, or will I have to
wait for that option and use a normal paper ticket tonight?

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
"A very large head, a head like a bear's"

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.

Old September 25th 03, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Robin May wrote:
I got my oystercard in the post the other day, and I'll have to travel
in to zone 1 tonight but the monthly ticket that's loaded on to the
oyster doesn't start until the 30th. Is it possible at this time to
load day travelcards and other tickets on to oysters, or will I have to
wait for that option and use a normal paper ticket tonight?

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
"A very large head, a head like a bear's"

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.

Day cards; no.

But you an have up to three travelcards/tickets loaded on a single
Oystercard...

AFAIK:-)

Gordo
--
This is not my sig nature....
gordo AT loop zilla.org......

Old September 25th 03, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote in message .. .
I got my oystercard in the post the other day, and I'll have to travel
in to zone 1 tonight but the monthly ticket that's loaded on to the
oyster doesn't start until the 30th. Is it possible at this time to
load day travelcards and other tickets on to oysters, or will I have to
wait for that option and use a normal paper ticket tonight?

Don't know about current season-ticket holders but I'm beginning to
wonder if one-day travelcards will not be available via Oyster at all.
The http://www.oystercard.com/sub2_get_tickets2.php site has this
to say:

"Daily tickets
All tickets valid for less than 7 days, will continue to be available
on paper. Later we'll be launching an exciting new pay-as-you-go
product exclusive to Oyster called Pre Pay. This will be ideal for
those of you who travel regularly but do not buy a season ticket.
We'll be telling you a great deal more about this soon. "
End of Quote

This implies that the new 'Pre-Pay' structure might not be the same as
the existing travelcard system. However, to meet their promise of it
being 'ideal' for non-season customers it will surely have to include
some form of discount over the standard fares.