London Banter

-   -   ELL Extension (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/544-ell-extension.html)

Wanderingjew698 August 13th 03 05:19 AM

ELL Extension

What are the scheduled openings for the North & South Extentions?

marcb August 13th 03 05:06 PM

ELL Extension

What are the scheduled openings for the North & South Extentions?

I think the north extension could be running in 2008. it should have
been running by 2005. Having just come back from holiday in the
Netherlands,, i'm once again reminded of what a senseless waste of time,
money and space our shambles of a transport 'policy' is.

M.

tim August 13th 03 08:53 PM

ELL Extension

"Wanderingjew698" wrote in message
What are the scheduled openings for the North & South Extentions?

it doesn't have a scheduled start to build yet.

I think Mr pest who thinks it should all be preserved has
gone back to court.

Tim

Richard J. August 13th 03 09:21 PM

ELL Extension

tim wrote:
"Wanderingjew698" wrote in message
What are the scheduled openings for the North & South Extentions?

it doesn't have a scheduled start to build yet.

I think Mr pest who thinks it should all be preserved has
gone back to court.

Mr Prokopp (to give hime his real name) lost his case at the Court of Appeal
on 7 Jul 2003, and was refused leave to appeal to the House of Lords.
Demolition of the non-listed viaduct at the Bishopsgate Goods Yard started
six days later*. What makes you think that the courts have any more to say
on the matter?

* http://www.ellp.co.uk/home/bishopsgate.htm

--
Richard J.

tim August 13th 03 10:28 PM

ELL Extension

"Richard J." wrote in message
tim wrote:
"Wanderingjew698" wrote in message
What are the scheduled openings for the North & South Extentions?

it doesn't have a scheduled start to build yet.

I think Mr pest who thinks it should all be preserved has
gone back to court.

Mr Prokopp (to give hime his real name) lost his case at the Court of Appeal
on 7 Jul 2003, and was refused leave to appeal to the House of Lords.
Demolition of the non-listed viaduct at the Bishopsgate Goods Yard started
six days later*. What makes you think that the courts have any more to say
on the matter?

I read it somewhere

Tim

Steve Fitzgerald August 14th 03 06:29 PM

ELL Extension

In message , tim
writes

I think Mr pest who thinks it should all be preserved has
gone back to court.

Mr Prokopp (to give hime his real name) lost his case at the Court of Appeal
on 7 Jul 2003, and was refused leave to appeal to the House of Lords.
Demolition of the non-listed viaduct at the Bishopsgate Goods Yard started
six days later*. What makes you think that the courts have any more to say
on the matter?

I read it somewhere

Evening Standard? Must be true then.

Matthew Malthouse August 15th 03 12:49 PM

ELL Extension

}
} I think the north extension could be running in 2008. it should have
} been running by 2005. Having just come back from holiday in the

I was living in the area and concequently was "consulted" around '94 at
which time the open was projected for 2002.

} Netherlands,, i'm once again reminded of what a senseless waste of time,
} money and space our shambles of a transport 'policy' is.

Matthew
--
Il est important d'être un homme ou une femme en colère; le jour où nous
quitte la colère, ou le désir, c'est cuit. - Barbara

http://www.calmeilles.co.uk/