Old July 11th 07, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster journey history clarification

I've just returned from a long weekend in London, and it was my first
experience of using a PAYG Oyster card as opposed to 1- and 3-day Travel
Cards. The card has been registered on the Oyster website, but because I
only topped it up at a ticket machine I can't access a journey history
online.

The wording on the website is a little vague (or I'm a little thick) so
I'm hoping for some clarification from someone with experience of this:
if I now add credit to the Oyster card using the website, will I then
have access to a full journey history including last weekend, or will I
only be able to access journey information for dates after the website
top-up?

Thanks,

--
Kev
"Because of the big rush we will execute customers in strict rotation."

Old July 12th 07, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kevin Reilly" wrote in message
[...]

Once you have topped up via an LU ticket gate all your journey history will
appear, whether or not you top up that way again. Presumably your journey
history is always recorded but as an inducement to avoid paying commission
to small shops etc TfL prefer you pay them direct and offer this carrot.

It will not, however, show past history, only from now on.

MaxB

Old July 12th 07, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Presumably your journey history is always recorded but as an inducement to
avoid paying commission to small shops etc TfL prefer you pay them direct
and offer this carrot.

I've always assumed it was because the online Oyster ticketing is outsourced
to Keith Prowse (or somebody like that) and it wouldn't be appropriate to
give your journey history to a company you've never been a customer of. I
suspect I am completely wrong though :-)

Old July 12th 07, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 MaxB wrote:

Once you have topped up via an LU ticket gate all your journey history will
appear, whether or not you top up that way again. Presumably your journey
history is always recorded but as an inducement to avoid paying commission
to small shops etc TfL prefer you pay them direct and offer this carrot.

It will not, however, show past history, only from now on.

Thanks for that. I figured as much, but the vague wording on the website
suggested the tiniest possibility that the earlier history might somehow
be 'unlocked' by an online top-up.

What is odd, though, is that I bought the Oyster card at a Euston
Underground vending machine, topped it up by credit card at the ticket
machine next to it, and registered it online as soon as I got to my
hotel. All dealings direct with TfL as far as I can see, yet apparently
that isn't enough to view journey histories even though paying online
with the same credit card and topping up at the gate would be! Strange.

Still, it's cheaper and more convenient than the old three-day travel
cards I used to use so I suppose I shouldn't complain about the quirks.

--
Kev
"Complete home for sale: two double, one single bed, dining room, 3 piece