London Banter

-   -   chingford line trains (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5564-chingford-line-trains.html)

Jack Taylor August 18th 07 05:00 PM

chingford line trains

Q wrote:

Is there any plans to re-open Coronation Sidings come to think of it
? Every 9 months a gang go in to 'de-shrub' the area to stop the OLE
finding a nice path to ground, and the temporary lights are back
again on the far road. The north end access is still blocked[1] but
the south end was open again.

None that I know of. It's a shame, after all the work that was done - but if
the space isn't needed then I suppose that it would be an awful waste of
money (OTOH how much does it cost to keep them deforested, rather than just
dewiring them and lifting them?). I thought the same thing as I passed on
the ECML last week. Of course, Ferme Park was similarly derelict for some
time but has now had a new lease of life, courtesy of fGBR and their
Metronet work. In fantasyland, you could put a nice depot for Hull Trains in
place, which would eliminate all those silly ECS movements at the north end
to Crofton. ;-)

Colin Rosenstiel August 19th 07 02:34 PM

chingford line trains

In article ,
(Jack Taylor) wrote:

Q wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message
ups.com...
Snip
The original question would have been more interesting when
Chingford line trains were maintained at Hornsey (if they really
were, when "allocated" there).

I don't remember 315 going to Hornsey, only 317's.

The West Anglia batch were all allocated to Hornsey and it was
quite common to pass the depot on the main line and see WAGN and
Silverlink 313s, 315s, 317s, the occasional Silverlink 321, 322s
and 365s on the depot.

As has been said, Silverlink 321s still appear from time to time. There
are no Silverlink 365s of course.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Jack Taylor August 19th 07 03:59 PM

chingford line trains

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jack Taylor) wrote:

The West Anglia batch were all allocated to Hornsey and it was
quite common to pass the depot on the main line and see WAGN and
Silverlink 313s, 315s, 317s, the occasional Silverlink 321, 322s
and 365s on the depot.

As has been said, Silverlink 321s still appear from time to time.
There are no Silverlink 365s of course.

Nobody mentioned Silverlink 365s.

Colin Rosenstiel August 22nd 07 08:51 PM

chingford line trains

In article ,
(Jack Taylor) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jack Taylor) wrote:

The West Anglia batch were all allocated to Hornsey and it was
quite common to pass the depot on the main line and see WAGN and
Silverlink 313s, 315s, 317s, the occasional Silverlink 321, 322s
and 365s on the depot.

As has been said, Silverlink 321s still appear from time to time.
There are no Silverlink 365s of course.

Nobody mentioned Silverlink 365s.

Er, it said "Silverlink 321, 322s and 365s on the depot".

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Jack Taylor August 22nd 07 10:37 PM

chingford line trains

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jack Taylor) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jack Taylor) wrote:

The West Anglia batch were all allocated to Hornsey and it was
quite common to pass the depot on the main line and see WAGN and
Silverlink 313s, 315s, 317s, the occasional Silverlink 321, 322s
and 365s on the depot.

As has been said, Silverlink 321s still appear from time to time.
There are no Silverlink 365s of course.

Nobody mentioned Silverlink 365s.

Er, it said "Silverlink 321, 322s and 365s on the depot".

It also says WAGN and Silverlink 313s, Colin. 315s, 317s, 322s and 365s do
not need specific qualification because they are/were all allocated to one
operator. ;-)