Old August 25th 07, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster hacked?

Oyster website forces everyone logging in to change their password -
is there a specific reason for that? Were they hacked? :-|

Old August 25th 07, 03:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

alex_t wrote:
Oyster website forces everyone logging in to change their password -
is there a specific reason for that? Were they hacked? :-|

The process isn't exactly friendly either. When you try to log in, they send
you a temporary password by e-mail, which you then log in with again, and
have to change straight away to one of your choosing. The initial message
said something about a site upgrade. I notice that the site is now
oyster.tfl.gov.uk instead of oystercard.com.
--
Richard J.

Old August 27th 07, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25 Aug, 16:33, "Richard J." wrote:
alex_t wrote:
Oyster website forces everyone logging in to change their password -
is there a specific reason for that? Were they hacked? :-|

The process isn't exactly friendly either. When you try to log in, they send
you a temporary password by e-mail, which you then log in with again, and
have to change straight away to one of your choosing. The initial message
said something about a site upgrade. I notice that the site is now
oyster.tfl.gov.uk instead of oystercard.com.
--
Richard J.

I cut and pasted in my "new" password, only to have it rejected! I
then refreshed the screen only to be told I had now tried the new
password twice and was locked out. Message "please ring our expensive
help line to get it sorted" or words to that effect.

Stuff it!

MaxB

Old August 31st 07, 10:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
k...
alex_t wrote:
Oyster website forces everyone logging in to change their password -
is there a specific reason for that? Were they hacked? :-|

The process isn't exactly friendly either.

Especially as I created false details and now I can't
remember them.

:-(

tim

Old September 1st 07, 04:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 31, 3:55 pm, "tim....." wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message

k...

alex_t wrote:
Oyster website forces everyone logging in to change their password -
is there a specific reason for that? Were they hacked? :-|

The process isn't exactly friendly either.

Especially as I created false details and now I can't
remember them.

:-(

tim

"May every liar be blessed with a good memory." - Mark Twain

Old September 1st 07, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave 2" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 31, 3:55 pm, "tim....." wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message

k...

alex_t wrote:
Oyster website forces everyone logging in to change their password -
is there a specific reason for that? Were they hacked? :-|

The process isn't exactly friendly either.

Especially as I created false details and now I can't
remember them.

:-(

tim

"May every liar be blessed with a good memory." - Mark Twain

I've found it:

anystreet
anywhere
ab11aa

(just why do web sites ask for information that have no
need of?)

tim