Old September 1st 07, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Next Week's Strike

On 1 Sep, 13:33, Paul Corfield wrote:
The BBC news article saying the strikes are proceeding does say more
talks are planned for Monday and I understand Midday is the key point.
Late in the day I agree but then the unions will seek to gain maximum
leverage from the threat - that's negotiation for you. Wait until Monday
lunchtime.

By which time everyone is at work, a strike means they'll be unable to
get home and be stuck without alternative transport. Oh well, it wont
go ahead, bunch of cry-wolves.

Old September 1st 07, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2007-08-31 11:49:38 +0100, Kev said:

So how do we find out about this, bugger all on the TfL site. That Ken
really is a smart cookie. Called for Metronet to go bankrupt, got what
he wanted and what is the first thing that the cretins in the union
do.
I'd say that they got exactly what they deserved, or what Ken wished
upon them.

Kevin

In a masterpiece of timing, I'm visiting London next week. If the
strike does go ahead, what's the best alternative to the Tube? My
activities will be in the zone 1 area. Bus? Walk? Will all of the
underground be affected?

Old September 3rd 07, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 31 Aug, 11:49, Kev wrote:
So how do we find out about this, bugger all on the TfL site. That Ken
really is a smart cookie. Called for Metronet to go bankrupt, got what
he wanted and what is the first thing that the cretins in the union
do.
I'd say that they got exactly what they deserved, or what Ken wished
upon them.

Kevin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6974841.stm seem to think
it's only the BCV lines that are affected, I assume they are just
being their usual selves and the SSL lines are also going to have
"issues"?

Old September 3rd 07, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:16:31 -0000, Paul Weaver
wrote:

On 31 Aug, 11:49, Kev wrote:
So how do we find out about this, bugger all on the TfL site. That Ken
really is a smart cookie. Called for Metronet to go bankrupt, got what
he wanted and what is the first thing that the cretins in the union
do.
I'd say that they got exactly what they deserved, or what Ken wished
upon them.

Kevin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6974841.stm seem to think
it's only the BCV lines that are affected, I assume they are just
being their usual selves and the SSL lines are also going to have
"issues"?

It now has a table down the page that lists the SSL as affected.

Though the main text of the article says: "Howard Collins, of London
Underground, warned that if the strike went ahead, services on the
Bakerloo, Central and Victoria lines would start being reduced from
about 1630 BST. But he assured commuters that the Jubilee, Northern
and Piccadilly lines would be running." - presumably ignoring the SSL
as it refers to a "tube strike" :-)