Old August 31st 07, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default Next Week's Strike

So how do we find out about this, bugger all on the TfL site. That Ken
really is a smart cookie. Called for Metronet to go bankrupt, got what
he wanted and what is the first thing that the cretins in the union
do.
I'd say that they got exactly what they deserved, or what Ken wished
upon them.

Kevin

Old August 31st 07, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 31, 11:49 am, Kev wrote:
So how do we find out about this, bugger all on the TfL site. That Ken
really is a smart cookie. Called for Metronet to go bankrupt, got what
he wanted and what is the first thing that the cretins in the union
do.
I'd say that they got exactly what they deserved, or what Ken wished
upon them.

Kevin

You never know before the day.
However I doubt that any service will operate on Metronet lines. If
the trains can be prepped for service there will be no-one (apart from
Managers, and thats i they turn up) to get trains into and out of
depots, (except Neasden as that is LUL). If a Signal Failure or
Defective Train occurs what then?

Also, it does has the capability to affect all lines, if there is no-
one in the Fault Report Centre, or they become over-whelmed

Dont expect TfL (Kens 2nd Press Office) to say anything useless,
except blame everything other than Ken

Old August 31st 07, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"chunky munky" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 31, 11:49 am, Kev wrote:
[...]

BBC are reporting strike may be called off...

"A joint statement from the unions on Thursday said they "welcomed the
commitment he (Ken Livingstone) gave to seek to secure the guarantees on
jobs, forced transfers and pensions that they are seeking from failed Tube
privateer Metronet".

However, they said they wanted the same guarantees from Metronet and the
administrator before calling the strikes off.

Mr Livingstone said: "TfL has been given assurances by the administrator
which meet all of the trade unions' concerns."

So basically they are threatening a strike becasuse they dont believe Ken
Livingstone?

Paul S

Old August 31st 07, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Aug 31, 12:42 pm, chunky munky
wrote:
On Aug 31, 11:49 am, Kev wrote:

[...]

I have been led to belive that there will be disruption on the Jubilee
as some trains come out of Neasden and it will be picketed.
Just wonder why there is, apparantly, nothing being quoted publicly.

Kevin

Old August 31st 07, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

wrote:

On Aug 31, 11:49 am, Kev wrote:

[...]

Kevin- Hide quoted text -

I wonder when TfL are going to tell us.

Kevin

Old August 31st 07, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On Aug 31, 11:49 am, Kev wrote:

[...]

I doubt that Tube Lines will have trouble prepping their trains there.
This will be the only depot that will be able to send trains out and
take them back. Thats if Metronet can offer them for service.
Disruption may also occur on other lines where Metronet are the
Infraco for part of the line or control centre.

Old August 31st 07, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:06:54 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

So basically they are threatening a strike becasuse they dont believe Ken
Livingstone?

Basically, they're threatening a strike because they haven't had one
for a while...
Old August 31st 07, 02:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

wrote:

On Aug 31, 11:49 am, Kev wrote:

[...]

Infraco for part of the line or control centre.- Hide quoted text -

But will the Jubilee drivers cross the picket lines.

Kevin

Old August 31st 07, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 31, 3:24 pm, Kev wrote:

wrote:

On Aug 31, 11:49 am, Kev wrote:

[...]

There has been nothing put out to tell LUL staff to refuse to cross
picket lines.

Old August 31st 07, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

SNIP

But will the Jubilee drivers cross the picket lines.

Kevin

This has nothing to do with the drivers!! Its a strike by one of the
operating companies.
There certainly will not be a picket line outside a drivers depot.