London Banter

-   -   GOBLIN station staffing (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5606-goblin-station-staffing.html)

Chris Read September 3rd 07 01:55 PM

GOBLIN station staffing

Barry Doe, writing in 'Rail', states that all stations on the GOBLIN will be
staffed "all day" and "from December."

Is this correct? I moved away from the area earlier this year, but at that
time there were no buildings at most of the stations. Have 'huts' been
installed for staff, or will they just patrol the platforms in shifts? Will
they have ticket issuing facilities?

Without secure accommodation to retreat to, I wouldn't want to be based,
alone, at (say) Woodgrange Park in the evening.

Chris

Mr Thant September 3rd 07 02:31 PM

GOBLIN station staffing

On Sep 3, 2:55 pm, "Chris Read" wrote:
Is this correct? I moved away from the area earlier this year, but at that
time there were no buildings at most of the stations. Have 'huts' been
installed for staff, or will they just patrol the platforms in shifts? Will
they have ticket issuing facilities?

The user's group has good detail on the plans - apparently staffing
starts on November 11th:
http://www.barking-gospeloak.org.uk/news.htm

There are no signs of huts going up, but they have installed ticket
machines everywhere I've seen.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

somersetchris September 3rd 07 05:25 PM

It also says it on the Barking - Gospel Oak Line User Group website at http://www.barking-gospeloak.org.uk/news.htm

I am suspecting it will just be a few security guard patrols at first

[email protected] September 3rd 07 05:42 PM

GOBLIN station staffing

Apparently TFL will use security guards in some cases until staff are
in place.

Tim Roll-Pickering September 3rd 07 05:42 PM

GOBLIN station staffing

Mr Thant wrote:

The user's group has good detail on the plans - apparently staffing
starts on November 11th:
http://www.barking-gospeloak.org.uk/news.htm

There are no signs of huts going up, but they have installed ticket
machines everywhere I've seen.

They've also got early announcements - yesterday at Crouch Hill one said to
report problems at the station to a member of staff. None was anywhere to be
seen...

Paul Scott September 3rd 07 06:09 PM

GOBLIN station staffing

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 3, 2:55 pm, "Chris Read" wrote:
Is this correct? I moved away from the area earlier this year, but at
that
time there were no buildings at most of the stations. Have 'huts' been
installed for staff, or will they just patrol the platforms in shifts?
Will
they have ticket issuing facilities?

The user's group has good detail on the plans - apparently staffing
starts on November 11th:
http://www.barking-gospeloak.org.uk/news.htm

There are no signs of huts going up, but they have installed ticket
machines everywhere I've seen.

I believe there are some quite posh 'portakabins' around these days... but
whats the betting all the PR stuff for the NLR occurs at Shepherds Bush?

Paul

Neil Williams September 3rd 07 08:44 PM

GOBLIN station staffing

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:31:04 -0700, Mr Thant
wrote:

The user's group has good detail on the plans - apparently staffing
starts on November 11th:
http://www.barking-gospeloak.org.uk/news.htm

There are no signs of huts going up, but they have installed ticket
machines everywhere I've seen.

It does seem a good idea. Merseyrail stations seem a lot less
threatening as a result, and vandalism is far less common.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

BRB Class 465 September 10th 07 05:28 PM

GOBLIN station staffing

On 3 Sep, 14:55, "Chris Read" wrote:
Barry Doe, writing in 'Rail', states that all stations on the GOBLIN will be
staffed "all day" and "from December."
Is this correct? I moved away from the area earlier this year, but at that
time there were no buildings at most of the stations. Have 'huts' been
installed for staff, or will they just patrol the platforms in shifts? Will
they have ticket issuing facilities?

A few points:-

1) I believe the current plan is for ALL London Overground stations
to be staffed from day one.

2) The Silverlink stations are presently in a poor state. Don't
expect TFL branding to be too prominent on these stations until
remedial work takes place.

3) It is expected to be announced by Labour shortly that Crossrail
WILL go ahead in some form.

BRB Class 465.

Charles Ellson September 10th 07 09:54 PM

GOBLIN station staffing

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:28:22 -0000, BRB Class 465
wrote:

snip
3) It is expected to be announced by Labour shortly that Crossrail
WILL go ahead in some form.

again

John B September 11th 07 09:26 AM

GOBLIN station staffing

On 10 Sep, 22:54, Charles Ellson wrote:
snip 3) It is expected to be announced by Labour shortly that Crossrail
WILL go ahead in some form.

again

when was it previously announced? aiui the current crossrail buzz is
that they've actually come up with a funding mechanism and will
announce that it *will* happen, not that it might happen subject to
funding...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org