London Banter

-   -   Stratford platform widening (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5609-stratford-platform-widening.html)

Tim Roll-Pickering September 3rd 07 05:45 PM

Stratford platform widening

The other day I was shocked to see that Platform 8 at Stratford (local
services to Ilford & beyond) has been widening. The line has moved slightly
north into what was a gap before the Platform 9 track, and the east end of
the platform widened into the gap.

Given how packed this platform gets as rush hour this will hopefully
alleviate some congestion and make it easier to actually move along without
risking slipping onto the tracks.

Now if only they'd put a monitor up at the east end of the platform so
passengers can find out what stations a train calls at...

Paul Scott September 3rd 07 06:14 PM

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote in message
The other day I was shocked to see that Platform 8 at Stratford (local
services to Ilford & beyond) has been widening. The line has moved
slightly north into what was a gap before the Platform 9 track, and the
east end of the platform widened into the gap.

Is that the work shown on TfL's Stratford improvements drawings?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...orm-Layout.pdf

Didn't seem much happening a month or so back when I was last there...

Paul S

Tim Roll-Pickering September 3rd 07 07:25 PM

Paul Scott wrote:

Is that the work shown on TfL's Stratford improvements drawings?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...orm-Layout.pdf

Yes.

Didn't seem much happening a month or so back when I was last there...

It seems to have happened very recently - when I looked last week the ramp
down to the track level at the east end hadn't been finished. It was quite a
shock to suddenly realise the platform was wider than before.