London Banter

-   -   Central line tomorrow (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5610-central-line-tomorrow.html)

Paul Corfield September 4th 07 06:48 PM

Central line tomorrow

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 01:32 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:35:34 GMT, wrote:

Are there likely to be any Central line trains tomorrow?

None at all unless there is a miracle and the strike action gets called
off for some reason. Personally I can't see anything happening this
week as Mr Crow will wish to make his point.

And next week?

No idea to be honest.

They've made their point today - if this stretches into next week any
apparent sympathy from the public will go and Bob Crow is keenly aware
of how to pitch these things to ensure the public have some sympathy
with what is being fought for. Most people have had their holidays and
now face the long slog to Christmas and have no flexibility to take days
off so the pressure on the system will simply grow and grow as more
people *have* to get to work as they have no flexibility left. When it
takes everyone 4 hours to get to and from work instead of 2-3 hours then
the public will get revolting.
--
Paul C

Michael Hoffman September 4th 07 08:24 PM

Central line tomorrow

Paul Corfield wrote:

When it
takes everyone 4 hours to get to and from work instead of 2-3 hours then
the public will get revolting.

I'd imagine anyone stuck on the crush-loaded trains today would have
found the public revolting already. I can't even imagine how revolting
they will be by next week.
--
Michael Hoffman

Neil Williams September 4th 07 08:27 PM

Central line tomorrow

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:24:16 +0100, Michael Hoffman
wrote:

I'd imagine anyone stuck on the crush-loaded trains today would have
found the public revolting already. I can't even imagine how revolting
they will be by next week.

Don't know, but I walked to avoid the rammed buses (normally the bus
is the civilised way to go, with almost a guaranteed seat...)

Neil

--
Neil Williams