Old September 13th 07, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Victoria Solari flap scripts

Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a Google Group which
contains files that show what was printed on all of the Solari flaps
on the main departure board at London Victoria (Central).

Please visit http://groups.google.com/group/londo...l-solari-flaps

Robert.

Old September 13th 07, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robert" wrote in message
ps.com...

Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a Google Group which
contains files that show what was printed on all of the Solari flaps
on the main departure board at London Victoria (Central).

Now I really have seen it all! FFS! :-))))

Ian

Old September 14th 07, 06:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 13, 6:51 pm, Robert wrote:
Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a Google Group which
contains files that show what was printed on all of the Solari flaps
on the main departure board at London Victoria (Central).

Please visithttp://groups.google.com/group/london-victoria-central-solari-flaps

An amazing feat. Did you do it from memory?! When those flaps first
appeared on the lawn it was like the PEAK of high tech!

Old September 14th 07, 06:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:51:18 -0700, Robert wrote:

Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a Google Group which
contains files that show what was printed on all of the Solari flaps
on the main departure board at London Victoria (Central).

Please visit http://groups.google.com/group/londo...l-solari-flaps

Ah, I'm glad that I wasn't hallucinating when I saw "Manchester" as it
flipped over one time... though I bopggle to think what route (and
purpose!) that would serve...
Old September 14th 07, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Sep, 07:52, James Farrar wrote:
Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a Google Group which
contains files that show what was printed on all of the Solari flaps
on the main departure board at London Victoria (Central).

Please visithttp://groups.google.com/group/london-victoria-central-solari-flaps

Ah, I'm glad that I wasn't hallucinating when I saw "Manchester" as it
flipped over one time... though I bopggle to think what route (and
purpose!) that would serve...

Connection with boat train mebbe? In the style of the former
Manchester to Waterloo E* connection services...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old September 14th 07, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, John B wrote:

On 14 Sep, 07:52, James Farrar wrote:
Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a Google Group which
contains files that show what was printed on all of the Solari flaps
on the main departure board at London Victoria (Central).

Please visithttp://groups.google.com/group/london-victoria-central-solari-flaps

Ah, I'm glad that I wasn't hallucinating when I saw "Manchester" as it
flipped over one time... though I bopggle to think what route (and
purpose!) that would serve...

Connection with boat train mebbe? In the style of the former Manchester
to Waterloo E* connection services...

How on earth did it get there? WLL?

tom

--
Imagine a city where graffiti wasn't illegal, a city where everybody
could draw wherever they liked. Where every street was awash with a
Old September 14th 07, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Sep, 10:45, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, John B wrote:
On 14 Sep, 07:52, James Farrar wrote:
Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a Google Group which
contains files that show what was printed on all of the Solari flaps
on the main departure board at London Victoria (Central).

Please visithttp://groups.google.com/group/london-victoria-central-solari-flaps

Ah, I'm glad that I wasn't hallucinating when I saw "Manchester" as it
flipped over one time... though I bopggle to think what route (and
purpose!) that would serve...

Connection with boat train mebbe? In the style of the former Manchester
to Waterloo E* connection services...

How on earth did it get there? WLL?

Probably - from CO

Shortest route from (London) Victoria to Manchester Piccadilly

Distance: 186 miles 76 chains
From (London) Victoria to Battersea Park, to Clapham Junction, to West

Brompton, to Kensington Olympia, to Willesden Junction, to Harrow &
Wealdstone, to Bushey, to Watford Junction (main line), to Bletchley,
to Milton Keynes Central, to Wolverton, to Rugby (avoiding
Northampton), to Nuneaton, to Tamworth, to Lichfield Trent Valley, to
Rugeley Trent Valley, to Barlaston (avoiding Stafford), to Stoke-on-
Trent, to Kidsgrove, to Cheadle Hulme via Macclesfield, to Stockport,
to Manchester Piccadilly.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old September 14th 07, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

[...]

From (London) Victoria to Battersea Park, to Clapham Junction, to West
Brompton, to Kensington Olympia, to Willesden Junction, to Harrow &
Wealdstone, to Bushey, to Watford Junction (main line),

Righto. That's a reverse at Clapham Junction, isn't it?

I know there's a line that runs from the southbound lines between Battesea
and CJ to the WLL, bypassing CJ, but i have no idea if it's reachable from
Victoria. It looks like it on the Bartholemew map. If it is, presumably
that was the route used, rather than one involving a reverse.

I infer from CORE's opinion that this is no longer used as a passenger
route. Does anyone know different? Watford to Victoria/Waterloo trains
might be quite useful ...

Also - "Watford Junction (main line)"? Is there another Watford Junction?

tom

--
the logical extension of a zero-infinity nightmare topology
Old September 16th 07, 06:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 14, 1:41 pm, John B wrote:
On 14 Sep, 10:45, Tom Anderson wrote:

Distance: 186 miles 76 chainsFrom (London) Victoria to Battersea Park, to Clapham Junction, to West

Chains? Are you serious?

Old September 14th 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, John B wrote:

On 14 Sep, 07:52, James Farrar wrote:
Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a Google Group which
contains files that show what was printed on all of the Solari flaps
on the main departure board at London Victoria (Central).

Please
visithttp://groups.google.com/group/london-victoria-central-solari-flaps

Ah, I'm glad that I wasn't hallucinating when I saw "Manchester" as it
flipped over one time... though I bopggle to think what route (and
purpose!) that would serve...

Connection with boat train mebbe? In the style of the former Manchester
to Waterloo E* connection services...

How on earth did it get there? WLL?

Actually it took a rather more scenic route via Wales!

Peter Smyth