Old September 14th 04, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Victoria to Euston Station by Taxi

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me? I'm attending a course held in London at the end
of the month and will need to travel from Victoria to Euston station
in the morning and then the reverse journey at the end of the day. I
don't enjoy travelling by tube or by bus so by Taxi is my only option.

What I wanted to know was how long would this journey take in the
morning and the evening and how much would you think the cost will be?
I need to be at Euston by 08:30 in the morning and then leave there at
around 16:30.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Old September 14th 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jeremy" wrote in message
m...

will need to travel from Victoria to Euston station

Taxi is my only option.

If you arriving at Victoria from the south, have you considered changing at
East Croydon and catching a Thameslink train to Kings Cross Thameslink, and
then getting a taxi to Euston from there?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 15th 04, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 15 Sep 2004:

"Jeremy" wrote in message
om...

will need to travel from Victoria to Euston station

Taxi is my only option.

If you arriving at Victoria from the south, have you considered changing at
East Croydon and catching a Thameslink train to Kings Cross Thameslink, and
then getting a taxi to Euston from there?

Or even walking - it is only about 10 minutes' walk from t'other to
which.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old September 15th 04, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth wrote:

Or even walking - it is only about 10 minutes' walk from t'other to
which.
--

If you can walk from Victoria to Euston in 10 mins I'll have some of what you're
on.

M.

Old September 15th 04, 04:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

marcb wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 15 Sep 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:

Or even walking - it is only about 10 minutes' walk from t'other to
which.
--

If you can walk from Victoria to Euston in 10 mins I'll have some of
what you're
on.

No, from Kings Cross Thameslink!

Old September 16th 04, 10:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote in message ...

(Jeremy) wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me? I'm attending a course held in London at the end
of the month and will need to travel from Victoria to Euston station
in the morning and then the reverse journey at the end of the day. I
don't enjoy travelling by tube or by bus so by Taxi is my only
option.

What I wanted to know was how long would this journey take in the
morning and the evening and how much would you think the cost will
be?
I need to be at Euston by 08:30 in the morning and then leave there
at
around 16:30.

Thanks in advance,

Why not use the tube? It's direct by the Victoria Line, the fastest
in central London. Must be faster than taxi at those times.

Errrr....

(Jeremy) wrote:
I don't enjoy travelling by tube

I read that. When travelling, enjoyment barely comes into it. You want to
arrive, right?

Surely, to paraphrase the old proverb, it is better to travel
enjoyfully than to arrive Or, more seriously, it is rare that
travel time is the only criterion in making travel plans - we all have
some regard to cost, comfort, ease-of-use, etc etc.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please