Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 15th 07, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Immigration Heathrow

In message , John Rowland
writes
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
I had my first experience of the new "Uk Border" style of immigration
at Heathrow last night. After a long journey and 20 minutes in a
holding pattern the last thing you want is 15 minutes in a line. But
that said I have to admit I was impressed. There were about 6 lines f
or EU passports with the new uniformed staff on each line, with a few
heavies lurking in case of trouble. Every passport gets scanned and
they do actually look you over to see the picture is you. Plus I
liked the no nonsense approach.

Yes I could have done without the hassle, but it has to be done and
they seem to be doing a good job of it.

I don't understand why you need a physical passport. Why can't you just type
in your own name and DOB, and that brings up a picture of you on a computer
screen, or a big red X if you're not allowed in or wanted by the police.

Do they have that kind of technology if you land in the developing world
? It may have it's faults, but the passport has been the best idea
anyone has come up with so far.

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Politician to Heckle !!"