Old September 18th 07, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Worst postcode map - ever!

On 15 Sep, 14:24, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Bless 'em, they're trying to do something constructive with their spare
time, but they need some way of rooting out the rogue data. I think the
little enclave of RG (which is the Reading postcode) in the middle of
Streatham is my favourite bit.

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~random/postcodes/

I'm rather taken by the little patch of AL (St Albans) that apparently
lies just outside Bishop's Stortford as well as the fact that, unknown
to many of its residents, Ware is in the HP (Hemel Hempstead) postcode
area, whilst Hertford is in the CM (Chelmsford) one. SV (Stevenage)
seems to have been abolished altogether!

Old September 18th 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Acrosticus wrote:
On 15 Sep, 14:24, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Bless 'em, they're trying to do something constructive with their
spare time, but they need some way of rooting out the rogue data. I
think the little enclave of RG (which is the Reading postcode) in
the middle of Streatham is my favourite bit.

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~random/postcodes/

I'm rather taken by the little patch of AL (St Albans) that apparently
lies just outside Bishop's Stortford as well as the fact that, unknown
to many of its residents, Ware is in the HP (Hemel Hempstead) postcode
area, whilst Hertford is in the CM (Chelmsford) one. SV (Stevenage)
seems to have been abolished altogether!

Stevenage is SG, and is represented.

Old September 18th 07, 01:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Acrosticus ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

SV (Stevenage) seems to have been abolished altogether!

Ah, but that's a little more understandable, since SV is either a very new
or a very long-discontinued postcode. Was it anywhere near SG
(Stevenage)...?
Old September 18th 07, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 18, 2:16 pm, Acrosticus wrote:
I'm rather taken by the little patch of AL (St Albans) that apparently
lies just outside Bishop's Stortford as well as the fact that, unknown
to many of its residents, Ware is in the HP (Hemel Hempstead) postcode
area, whilst Hertford is in the CM (Chelmsford) one. SV (Stevenage)
seems to have been abolished altogether!

SG (Stevenage) appears fine. SV never existed, I expect.

--
Abi

Old September 18th 07, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:24:06 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Bless 'em, they're trying to do something constructive with their spare
time, but they need some way of rooting out the rogue data. I think the
little enclave of RG (which is the Reading postcode) in the middle of
Streatham is my favourite bit.

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~random/postcodes/

Apparently I should have a GU postcode. Which is strange, living in
Wakefield.

Charlie
--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs

Old September 19th 07, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Sep, 14:25, "John Rowland"
wrote:
very big snip
Stevenage is SG, and is represented.

Apologies for my typo (G is above V on a QWERTY keyboard and I managed
to hit the wrong one!). Oddly SV was the code for London Transport's
Stevenage bus garage.

My point was that Hertford (SG13 and SG14) is shown as being in CM
(Chelmsford), which it isn't and Ware (SG12) is shown as being in HP
(Hemel Hempstead), which it certainly isn't. The bit of St Albans (AL)
just outside Bishop's Stortford still has me confused though.

Old September 19th 07, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 11:48:01PM +0100, Charlie Pearce wrote:
wrote:
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~random/postcodes/

Apparently I should have a GU postcode. Which is strange, living in
Wakefield.

Apparently my parents live on a boat in the Channel.

You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter"