Old October 7th 07, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross Underground - New Platforms

I've been reading about the never-ending saga of the Hackney-Chelsea
line. Seemingly, it was going to go through Tottenham Court Road and
Angel, also stopping at Kings Cross. Tottenham Court Road's redesign
for Crossrail is also designed to fit the Hackney-Chelsea line, and
Angel's rebuild in the 90s was designed to cope with the Hackney-
Chelsea line as well.

But what about King's Cross? I can't even work out if there is
anywhere for it to fit, let alone, any way to join the platforms up to
the rest of the station, even with the new Northern Ticket Hall
tunnels?

Old October 7th 07, 07:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . com,
lonelytraveller writes

I've been reading about the never-ending saga of the Hackney-Chelsea
line. Seemingly, it was going to go through Tottenham Court Road and
Angel, also stopping at Kings Cross. Tottenham Court Road's redesign
for Crossrail is also designed to fit the Hackney-Chelsea line, and
Angel's rebuild in the 90s was designed to cope with the Hackney-
Chelsea line as well.

But what about King's Cross? I can't even work out if there is
anywhere for it to fit, let alone, any way to join the platforms up to
the rest of the station, even with the new Northern Ticket Hall
tunnels?

I'm very doubtful that Crossrail 2 (aka as the Chelsea-Hackney line)
will ever be built, despite some protection of the route. If it is, it
will be a deep-level route built to NR dimensions and will pass below
Crossrail 1 at Tottenham Court Road - so it is likely to pass beneath
all the tube lines at King's Cross. What (if any) provision has been
made at King's Cross, I don't know - as I recall, very little detailed
work, apart from the basic route, has ever been published.

--
Paul Terry
Old October 7th 07, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 7 Oct, 19:41, Paul Terry wrote:
In message . com,
lonelytraveller writes

[...]

Did they not plan anything for King's Cross when it was just a tube
line?