Old October 12th 07, 05:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Shepherds Bush station

On 12 Oct, 01:22, Mizter T wrote:
However neither TfL nor the Mayor was ever driving this project or in
charge of it. Sure, the new WLL station will form part of a new
interchange hub with a rebuilt Central line station and new bus
station (both being built in partnership with Westfield), but the WLL
station project was not handled by the Mayor or TfL and he will be
able to quite honestly point out that this was a muck-up not of his
making - i.e. Ken and TfL are not to blame.

I would suggest that the spotlight needs to be shone on Westfield, the
developer who was responsible for delivering the station, and their
subcontractors, and perhaps Network Rail as well for inadequately
supervising the construction.

The first thing the investigators will want to look at is where in the
process the mistake was introduced. I'm no expert at all but I'd think
there would be a number of points where this error could've been
introduced - I'd suggest it was probably not at either end of the
process i.e. there was no problem on the original architect's plan nor
did the builders simply put the wall in the wrong place, it was
somewhere in between.

It might be even more complicated than suggested - IIRC Westfield were
not the original developer so this mistake could have been set in
stone before the first recon bar was cut. The error having been made
would not have been picked up during due diligence. This will be a
field day for the lawyers - as the insurance companies providing
professional indemnity insurance will seek to shift liability to
others in the construction process. In my experience the player with
the lowest level of professional indemnity resists the most - small
players being at greater risk of claims in excess of their cover. I
think we can shelve the WLL Shepherd's Bush opening thread for a
couple of years.

Shepherds Bush WLL station Peter Lawrence[_2_] London Transport 6 May 14th 08 08:58 PM
Shepherds Bush station - West London line THC London Transport 2 September 1st 07 10:15 AM
Shepherds Bush Central line station improvements Paul Scott London Transport 5 August 30th 07 11:09 PM
Shepherds Bush nsj London Transport 7 September 21st 05 06:20 PM
Escalator failures (was: Shepherds Bush) Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 0 August 18th 05 12:27 PM