Old October 15th 07, 02:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross -progress on platform Y?

I had an opportunty to wander around KX on Friday. Most of the area
along the most eastern side is now blocked off as a work site, and
scaffolding is all over the outside along York Way. No sign of work in
Engine sidings.
Has 'Platform Y' been approved, and I'm seeing 'preliminary works?

Think I might have found answer in this press release:
http://www.costain-group.com/externa...news/nf336.pdf

Costain Secures King's Cross Station Upgrade Contract 9 May 2007
Costain announces that, in joint venture with Laing O'Rourke, it has
secured the £30m King's
Cross Eastern Range and Platform Y contract awarded by Network Rail.

So does anybody know the timescale for completion?

Jim Chisholm

Old October 15th 07, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

J. Chisholm wrote:

So does anybody know the timescale for completion?

If you scroll to the back of the ECML business plan (the landscape
pages):
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/3085.aspx

It's listed as "Completion year 2011/12" and "GRIP stage 5" (of 8,
where 5 is "detailed design").

It looked like a lot of the area behind the hoarding was still in use
for station purposes when I was there a couple of weeks ago, and no
signs of any work.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

Old October 16th 07, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mr Thant wrote:
J. Chisholm wrote:

So does anybody know the timescale for completion?

If you scroll to the back of the ECML business plan (the landscape
pages):
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/3085.aspx

It's listed as "Completion year 2011/12" and "GRIP stage 5" (of 8,
where 5 is "detailed design").

It looked like a lot of the area behind the hoarding was still in use
for station purposes when I was there a couple of weeks ago, and no
signs of any work.

As so often happens a quck Google came up with this:

http://tinyurl.com/ywr9rh
SUPPLIER BRIEFING Enhancements, Kings Cross & 2012 projects
24th November 2006 Network Rail
( A 'presentation', so thin on real detail, and possibly dated now)

pages 39-67 give details and a timescale for all the stages of the Kings
Cross developments.
Acording to the 'Work Package Phasing' Eastern Range Refurbishment and
Platform Y should be completed in Q2 2009

I suppose it will be difficult to spot if the 'Utilities Diversions' or
the 'Shared Service Yard and Link Room' have yet started as they will
be mainly muxed ip with the Northern Ticket Hall works.

As well as KX there are some bits about NLL and Gospel Oak route under
'2012' that I didn't know (pages 10-33)

something for the blog?

Jim Chisholm