Old October 19th 07, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Some bonkers maps

http://www.motorwaymap.co.uk/index.htm

Follow the links on the left as well..

Old October 19th 07, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, John Rowland wrote:

http://www.motorwaymap.co.uk/index.htm

Yes, that's a good one! I think there's a Beck-style map of major London
roads floating around somewhere, too. Rather simpler than that excellent
effort, of course.

Follow the links on the left as well..

Reminds me of:

http://www.chrisyates.net/reprograph...x.php?page=424

tom

--
3118110161 Pies
Old October 19th 07, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.boomerang

On Oct 19, 3:29 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
http://www.motorwaymap.co.uk/index.htm

Follow the links on the left as well..

Ot looks like a one-thousand-miles away map. So what?

Old October 20th 07, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.boomerang

what a fascinating map that is. motorways have always interested me,
the tube map always floats between very interesting and more
interesting, this should be taken up by the AA.

i would suppose its not particularly useful because unlike the tube
where you get off to end your journey, road journeys, wont stop at
point B unless its the short M32 (Bristol) where everywhere is home

Old October 25th 07, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote in message
:

http://www.motorwaymap.co.uk/index.htm

Follow the links on the left as well..

The only changes I'd make to the motorway map a

1) join up the *all* sections of the A1(M) (eg Peterborough to Blyth,
Adwick-le-Street to Potenfract)

2) give each junction its number, if this could be done without cluttering
up the map

I think I might have called "Reading East" on A329(M) "Winnersh Triangle"
since that's what most people call that area, and it avoids confusion with
the A3290/A4 (formerly A329(M)/A4) junction a bit further north. But I'm
sure people with local knowledge could argue the toss about all sorts of
junction names. Numbers are unambiguous.