Old August 19th 03, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ordinary Londoners have basic human rights too

Hi,

I wonder if any Londoners here could click on the following web hyperlinks, in
the order presented below. These web pages are both from a reputable source,
the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/business/2174574.stm

I think you would agree that this outrage is something which has to be stopped,
if not by the government, then by the ordinary British people such as
yourselves, people who live in a stressful city and work hard, who expect to be
treated by the government with a certain degree of respect, and who expect the
money you pay for public services to be used to provide those services.

As a result of these crimes committed by Thames Water against you, evidence of
which is contained within the hyperlinked web documents above, you the people
of London have little choice but to retaliate in a constructive way.

I am suggesting that you cease to pay your Thames Water bill until the salaries
of the top executives at Thames Water are redirected to water pipe
infrastructure which is in some cases a hundred years old.

If you think it unlikely that this action can be accomplished on a wide scale,
I would urge you to look back at the petrol crisis, when a few lorry drivers
brought the country to a standstill. Bringing Thames Water to its knees will
be straightforward by comparison, if we work together.

Please pass this on to your friends, family, colleagues and as many other
Londoners as possible. Together we can show the government and organisations
such as Thames Water that the hard hours of work we put in to pay taxes to the
government and the expensive bills we pay for public services, will not be used
in mockery of us all.

These directors, on their 6 and 7 figure salaries, are LAUGHING at us! Are we
going to continue to allow this, or shall we make a stand?

Nathan Bliss

Old August 19th 03, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19 Aug 2003 21:18:49 GMT, (Ndb1974) wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if any Londoners here could click on the following web hyperlinks, in
the order presented below. These web pages are both from a reputable source,
the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/business/2174574.stm

I think you would agree that this outrage is something which has to be stopped,
if not by the government, then by the ordinary British people such as
yourselves, people who live in a stressful city and work hard, who expect to be
treated by the government with a certain degree of respect, and who expect the
money you pay for public services to be used to provide those services.

[reams of junk snipped].

One mains failure and your world seems to have collapsed.

Got a problem?

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old August 19th 03, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ndb1974 wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if any Londoners here could click on the following web
hyperlinks, in the order presented below. These web pages are both
from a reputable source, the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/business/2174574.stm

I think you would agree that this outrage is something which has to
be stopped, if not by the government, then by the ordinary British
people such as yourselves, people who live in a stressful city and
work hard, who expect to be treated by the government with a certain
degree of respect, and who expect the money you pay for public
services to be used to provide those services.

Not sure which is the outrage, a burst water main at Brent Cross or Thames
Water paying their directors a commercially competitive package. Anyway
it's off-topic for uk.transport.london.

FU set.
--
Richard J.

Old August 20th 03, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Thames Water replaced my leaking copper mains water pipe FREE with a nice
new plastic one, & gave me 2 stop cocks, they're pretty good I think, but
with an old crumbling infrastructure.

BTS
"CJG" wrote in message
In message , Ndb1974
writes
I am suggesting that you cease to pay your Thames Water bill until the
salaries of the top executives at Thames Water are redirected to water
pipe infrastructure which is in some cases a hundred years old.

I think your find this is a country wide problem so it would be the
whole country who would have to stop paying their water bills. And if
you don't pay your water bill how are they going to get the money to fix
the pipes? I can assure you that the shareholders won't put their hand
in their pockets.
Thames and LU both have the same problem. They spend more and more money
on repairs and renewal and get less and less back.
--
CJG