Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 1st 07, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Bus route 59 extended to link Waterloo and Kings X / St. Pancras

[Cross-posted to uk.transport.london and uk.railway]

Voila - the much requested bus link between Waterloo and St. Pancras
materialises in time for Eurostar's move. Though I bet the majority of
passengers using the 59 from Kings Cross down the Euston Road won't
have anything to do with Eurostar at all!

I'm curious as to how the bus will serve Euston bus station in the
(broadly) southbound direction, as the press release states. I guess
the bus will turn right off the Euston Road into Euston bus station,
before turning right onto Eversholt Street and then crossing Euston
Road to Upper Woburn Place and continuing down as normal.

Anyway, below is the press release in full, as sourced from:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/6292.aspx

----------
Route 59 extended to St. Pancras and King's Cross
----------

Transport for London (TfL) has announced that bus route 59, from
Streatham Hill to Euston Station, will be extended to St. Pancras and
King's Cross from Saturday 10 November.

The extension will create a direct bus link between Waterloo, St
Pancras and King's Cross.

Eurostar passengers will be amongst those who benefit, when the
Eurostar terminal moves to St. Pancras International on 14 November.

The route will continue to serve Euston Bus Station and then run along
Euston Road, with stops at St. Pancras and King's Cross.

John Barry, Head of Network Development for London Buses, said: "The
extension of route 59 will give a direct journey option between
Waterloo, St. Pancras and King's Cross.

"It also creates new bus links for Brixton and Kennington."

The change comes following a review of the existing service and
reflects requests received from a number of passenger groups,
including London TravelWatch.

Brian Cooke, Chairman of London TravelWatch, said: "We are delighted
that passengers will now benefit from a much-needed direct link
between Waterloo and King's Cross St. Pancras stations."