London Banter

-   -   St Pancras International opening day (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5859-st-pancras-international-opening-day.html)

[email protected] November 14th 07 10:09 PM

St Pancras International opening day

Popped over to take a look after work, no restriction on photography
including allowing a tripod that made me very happy. You would get
kicked out of network rail station for doing that.

Very nice building, a was impressed.

Here are the shots.

http://www.tubephotos.com/?goto=stpa...tion&thumbs=ok

John Rowland November 15th 07 07:19 AM

wrote:
Popped over to take a look after work, no restriction on photography
including allowing a tripod that made me very happy. You would get
kicked out of network rail station for doing that.

Very nice building, a was impressed.

Here are the shots.

http://www.tubephotos.com/?goto=stpa...tion&thumbs=ok

So is the roof curved then?

[email protected] November 15th 07 12:14 PM

On Nov 14, 11:09�pm, wrote:
Popped over to take a look after work, no restriction on photography
including allowing a tripod that made me very happy. You would get
kicked out of network rail station for doing that.

Very nice building, a was impressed.

Here are the shots.

http://www.tubephotos.com/?goto=stpa...tion&thumbs=ok

You would not get kicked out for either taking photos or using a
tripod, according to the Network Rail website, which states:-

"On busy stations the use of a tripod may cause a dangerous
obstruction to passengers and you may be asked not to use one. In
addition, tripod legs must also be kept away from platform edges and
behind the yellow lines. "

M.M.

clyde dempster November 15th 07 12:19 PM

St Pancras International opening day

wrote in message
ups.com...
Popped over to take a look after work, no restriction on photography
including allowing a tripod that made me very happy. You would get
kicked out of network rail station for doing that.

Very nice building, a was impressed.

Here are the shots.

http://www.tubephotos.com/?goto=stpa...tion&thumbs=ok

Nice photo's.

regards
Clyde

Mizter T November 15th 07 02:23 PM

clyde dempster wrote:

wrote:

Popped over to take a look after work, no restriction on photography
including allowing a tripod that made me very happy. You would get
kicked out of network rail station for doing that.

Very nice building, a was impressed.

Here are the shots.

http://www.tubephotos.com/?goto=stpa...tion&thumbs=ok

Nice photo's.

regards
Clyde

Yes, I'll second that. Thanks for posting your link here.

I'm struck by the sky blue finish on the roof structure and how the
same sky blue was used on the roof at Waterloo International. I read
somewhere that Barlow actually wanted to paint the roof brown but was
overruled - thankfully, I'd suggest!

Graham Harrison November 15th 07 03:33 PM

St Pancras International opening day

wrote in message
ups.com...
Popped over to take a look after work, no restriction on photography
including allowing a tripod that made me very happy. You would get
kicked out of network rail station for doing that.

Very nice building, a was impressed.

Here are the shots.

http://www.tubephotos.com/?goto=stpa...tion&thumbs=ok

They were equally relaxed on the test days simply saying that any
photographs had to be for personal use. Unlike the BAA at T5 who quite
specifically say no photography during their passenger tests.

[email protected] November 15th 07 06:39 PM

St Pancras International opening day

On Nov 15, 4:33 pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Popped over to take a look after work, no restriction on photography
including allowing a tripod that made me very happy. You would get
kicked out of network rail station for doing that.

Very nice building, a was impressed.

Here are the shots.

http://www.tubephotos.com/?goto=stpa...tion&thumbs=ok

They were equally relaxed on the test days simply saying that any
photographs had to be for personal use. Unlike the BAA at T5 who quite
specifically say no photography during their passenger tests.

Lets hope this lasts, bet it wont!

I would love to shot T5, chances are very slim.

A.Lee November 18th 07 08:26 AM

wrote:

On Nov 14, 11:09?pm, wrote:
Popped over to take a look after work, no restriction on photography
including allowing a tripod that made me very happy. You would get
kicked out of network rail station for doing that.

You would not get kicked out for either taking photos or using a
tripod, according to the Network Rail website, which states:-

"On busy stations the use of a tripod may cause a dangerous
obstruction to passengers and you may be asked not to use one. In
addition, tripod legs must also be kept away from platform edges and
behind the yellow lines. "

Yes, that's the form according to NR, but the actuality of dealing with
the staff at some stations has been a point of debate many times on
uk.railway - if a 'security guard' has a uniform on,it doesnt matter
what the actual rules are, they seem to think they are the law, and
proceed to threaten Police involvement if you do not move, even when you
are causing no obstruction at all.
If you are strong willed enough, you'd stand up to them, and tell them
the relevent law/rules, but many 'rail fans' are youngsters who are
easily intimidated, so they move on.
Alan.