Old November 16th 07, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london

Default Apologies - Top Gear

Yes, I know, a bit of a no-no in some circles but did anyone see the "race"
last week from Kew Bridge to City Airport? Which route would you have
followed as a cyclist? I don't believe I would have followed Hammond up
Chiswick High Road, Hammersmith Broadway, Kensington High Street. I'd have
gone up the A4 over the flyover and past the Natural History Museum.

And "stig" - bus to Gunnersbury then District to Monument then Bank on DLR -
how about walk over Kew Bridge to the SWT station then Waterloo - drain to
Bank and then DLR (or Jubliee to Canning Town then DLR).

Did you notice the editing? Pieces out of order all over the place.
Hammond went through Hammersmith after he'd been along Ken High Street at
one point!

Old November 16th 07, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling, uk.transport.london, alt.boomerang

On Nov 16, 4:09 pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
Yes, I know, a bit of a no-no in some circles but did anyone see the "race"
last week from Kew Bridge to City Airport? Which route would you have
followed as a cyclist? I don't believe I would have followed Hammond up
Chiswick High Road, Hammersmith Broadway, Kensington High Street. I'd have
gone up the A4 over the flyover and past the Natural History Museum.

And "stig" - bus to Gunnersbury then District to Monument then Bank on DLR -
how about walk over Kew Bridge to the SWT station then Waterloo - drain to
Bank and then DLR (or Jubliee to Canning Town then DLR).

Did you notice the editing? Pieces out of order all over the place.
Hammond went through Hammersmith after he'd been along Ken High Street at
one point

I love Top Gear even though I've never driven a car and I really
enjoyed that race.
I was rooting for Hammond and Stig; I assumed they were taking roughly
Thameside routes - but Stig definitely took the long way. Hammond won
- he did really well; and he would've won by more if he weren't being
filmed.
Old November 16th 07, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...
Yes, I know, a bit of a no-no in some circles but did anyone see the
"race" last week from Kew Bridge to City Airport? Which route would you
have followed as a cyclist? I don't believe I would have followed
Hammond up Chiswick High Road, Hammersmith Broadway, Kensington High
Street. I'd have gone up the A4 over the flyover and past the Natural
History Museum.

And "stig" - bus to Gunnersbury then District to Monument then Bank on
DLR - how about walk over Kew Bridge to the SWT station then Waterloo -
drain to Bank and then DLR (or Jubliee to Canning Town then DLR).

Did you notice the editing? Pieces out of order all over the place.
Hammond went through Hammersmith after he'd been along Ken High Street at
one point!

Picking holes in the Top Gear races or challenges is as easy as doing the
same in any Sci-fi or Action movie - once you've started, you can't stop.
That's probably because Top Gear and those movies genres fall into the same
category, i.e. pure entertainment, and not fact/documentary.

Old November 16th 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london

In uk.rec.cycling Graham Harrison twisted the electrons to say:
Did you notice the editing? Pieces out of order all over the place.
Hammond went through Hammersmith after he'd been along Ken High Street at
one point!

I believe the usual approach for the Top Gear challenges is that they
have the event first, and then go back and doing any extra filming they
feel they need afterwards ...