Old August 22nd 03, 06:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default "The West" to Surbiton by rail?

"Terry Harper" wrote in message
"John Rowland" wrote in message

I think you should drop him at Basingstoke, which has very fast trains

Surbiton. I don't think it will add too much to your driving time.

Bearing in mind the objective is Cambridge for the car driver, maybe

Banbury
for a Virgin Voyager to Basingstoke, then SWT to Woking/Surbiton might be
better?

Sold to the gentleman in the red Seat!

This is what I'm going to do (setting off now on the outward bit), but thank
you very much to all contributors of useful alternatives and cautions about
the dangers of using Reading tomorrow.