Old August 22nd 03, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thameslink Sunday - help!

I have several bits of conflicting information about what services
Thameslink are running on Sunday - can anyone help?

The timetable book says that trains will be split into two sections - Luton
to Moorgate and Streatham to Sutton.

National Rail website says no trains Blackfriars to Sutton.

Thameslink's website says:
Sat 23: There will be a limited service, with four trains per hour running
between Luton and Moorgate. For passengers wishing to use the Wimbledon
line, a half hourly train service will run from London Bridge to Streatham
via Sutton and Wimbledon and a half hourly bus service will run between
Blackfriars and Streatham calling at Elephant & Castle, Loughborough
Junction, Herne Hill, Tulse Hill and Streatham.
Sun 24: As above but services to/from Luton start/terminate at Moorgate and
run to/from Leagrave.

It also says " The main line between Bedford and Brighton remains unaffected
and will run as normal." Can I assume this applies to the whol bank holiday
weekend - i.e. can I rely on through trains from Luton to Croydon?

TIA for any help.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7