Old December 5th 07, 01:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster list omits Homerton

With the arrival of the Overground I was expecting to be able to use the
Oyster website to top up my PAYG card, collecting the purchase at
Homerton. But Homerton is the one ex-Northern Line station omitted from
the locations offered. I have twice mailed TFL to report this and ask
if it is an oversight they can correct. I have had no reply. Is there
anyone else I can sensibly lobby please (given I assume it is a
"privilege rather than a right" to use one's local station)?

Robin

Old December 5th 07, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin" wrote in message
.uk...
With the arrival of the Overground I was expecting to be able to use the
Oyster website to top up my PAYG card, collecting the purchase at
Homerton. But Homerton is the one ex-Northern Line station omitted from
the locations offered. I have twice mailed TFL to report this and ask if
it is an oversight they can correct. I have had no reply. Is there
anyone else I can sensibly lobby please (given I assume it is a "privilege
rather than a right" to use one's local station)?

Robin

No help I am afraid but I am still waiting for a response from TfL to my
query relating to Oyster and Wembley Central.I guess Peter Hendy is too busy
filling out his expenses claim for his trip to India. I bet that didn't do
much for his carbon footprint.

Kevin

Old December 5th 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Dec, 14:06, "Robin" wrote:
With the arrival of the Overground I was expecting to be able to use the
Oyster website to top up my PAYG card, collecting the purchase at
Homerton. But Homerton is the one ex-Northern Line station omitted from
the locations offered. I have twice mailed TFL to report this and ask
if it is an oversight they can correct. I have had no reply. Is there
anyone else I can sensibly lobby please (given I assume it is a
"privilege rather than a right" to use one's local station)?

Robin

Just to correct your typo, Homerton ain't on the Northern Line but is
on the North London Line (NLL) - and whilst it has transferred from
Silverlink to London Overground (LO), it is still called the North
London Line - in fact whilst I don't think Silverlink really used the
NLL name in passenger facing communications LO does use it.

With regards to your question - I don't know how you contacted TfL,
i.e. what address or which web form that you used, it would be
interesting to know.

However you can contact the London Overground customer service centre
via this web form:
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/overground/default.aspx
....or via the email address given on the right-hand side of that page.

There may be some legitimate reason as to why Homerton isn't yet on
the list (i.e. problems with communications equipment), rather than it
merely being an oversight. It is odd though.
Old December 5th 07, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Mizter T wrote:

On 5 Dec, 14:06, "Robin" wrote:

With the arrival of the Overground I was expecting to be able to use the
Oyster website to top up my PAYG card, collecting the purchase at
Homerton. But Homerton is the one ex-Northern Line station omitted from
the locations offered.

There may be some legitimate reason as to why Homerton isn't yet on the
list (i.e. problems with communications equipment), rather than it
merely being an oversight. It is odd though.

The machines keep getting stolen?

tom

--
A TEN PINTS
Old December 5th 07, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Just to correct your typo, Homerton ain't on the Northern Line but is
on the North London Line (NLL) -

Thanks - just another sign of my brain rot

it is still called the North London Line - in fact whilst I don't
think Silverlink really used the
NLL name in passenger facing communications LO does use it.

My only excuse is that there was a thread in this group ("London
Overground line names") which initially at least reported the demise of
the separate names. I hope they will be used as it would, among other
things, male it easier to spot disruptions.

The machines keep getting stolen?

Ah yes, well the Homerton machines *are* outside the station - or rather
they *were* this afternoon.

--
Robin

Old December 6th 07, 08:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 5 Dec, 14:06, "Robin" wrote:

With the arrival of the Overground I was expecting to be able to use the
Oyster website to top up my PAYG card, collecting the purchase at
Homerton. But Homerton is the one ex-Northern Line station omitted from
the locations offered.

There may be some legitimate reason as to why Homerton isn't yet on the
list (i.e. problems with communications equipment), rather than it
merely being an oversight. It is odd though.

The machines keep getting stolen?

tom

Oysters are a delicacy, so perhaps Homer keeps on eating them?