Old December 11th 07, 08:35 AM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london

Default Miserable trip to Watford

From eWatford Observer 11/12/07

Miserable trips to Watford

A DISABLED rail user is concerned about mixed messages received from a
train operating company when travelling to Watford.

Stuart Taylor, who holds a disability "Freedom Pass", issued to
residents of London boroughs, and travels from Euston to Watford,
daily, says that the confusion around the official rules of the
validity of his pass is making his journeys to Watford a misery.

Stuart, of Romford, said: "It is ludicrous, why can't they just work
it out?

"I asked a guard on the train the other day whether my pass would be
valid, and he just shrugged his shoulders and said if I am going to
Watford, he wasn't going to stop me.
"He said that the rules are completely unenforceable so he would be
accepting all of them."

According to Stuart, London Midland customer service agents say that
the guards have discretion in terms of enforcing these passes but they
are not officially valid.

Matt Hurst, of London Midland said: "Since November 18, passengers can
use their Disability Freedom Pass on our services from Euston to
Watford.

"We have briefed all staff on the change, and customers can check on
our website, or phone customer service on 0845 602 4277 for more
information."

For more information on Freedom Passes, visit www.freedompass.org.

.................................................. ..........

.................................................. .........

John Burke

WRUG

Old December 11th 07, 11:06 AM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london

On Dec 11, 9:35 am, burkey wrote:
From eWatford Observer 11/12/07

Miserable trips to Watford

Are there any other kind?

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old December 11th 07, 11:18 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"burkey" wrote in message
From eWatford Observer 11/12/07

Miserable trips to Watford

A DISABLED rail user is concerned about mixed messages received from a
train operating company when travelling to Watford.

Stuart Taylor, who holds a disability "Freedom Pass", issued to
residents of London boroughs,

Er... without knowing anything much about the 'Freedom Pass' might the above
sentence be at all relevant?

Paul

Old December 11th 07, 11:43 AM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london

On Dec 11, 12:06 pm, John B wrote:
On Dec 11, 9:35 am, burkey wrote:

From eWatford Observer 11/12/07

Miserable trips to Watford

Are there any other kind?

Don't confuse the journey with the arrival.

Old December 11th 07, 11:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"burkey" wrote in message
From eWatford Observer 11/12/07

Miserable trips to Watford

A DISABLED rail user is concerned about mixed messages received from a
train operating company when travelling to Watford.

Stuart Taylor, who holds a disability "Freedom Pass", issued to
residents of London boroughs,

Er... without knowing anything much about the 'Freedom Pass' might the

above
sentence be at all relevant?

It appears to be valid to Watford Junction on London Overgrouns, but not
bertween Harrow & Wealdstone and Watford Junction on London Midland or
Souithern.
http://www.freedompass.org/documents...From9Dec07.pdf

There are other subtle differences between its validity and that of a Z1-6
Travelcard - the Freedom Pass seems to be valid to Chesham and Amersham, in
the latter case on Chiltern as well as LUL. It is also valid to Dartford and
Swanley, although these stations are outside Zone 6.

Before the Bromley South Travel Centre closed, I was waiting to buy a GBTT.
In front of me an elderly lady was enquiring about the correct ticket for a
journey a few days later from Bromely South to Wickford. She held a Freedom
Pass and a Priv Card, apparently as the widow of a member of rail staff. It
took a considerable time to establish that she needed a Day Return BZ6 to
Wickford, and to patiently reassure her that she'd need to be able to
produce the Freedom Pass, the Priv Card, and the ticket if she weas gripped
during the journey. As Sotheastern's (or was it SET then?) 9% commission was
a matter of pence the clerk didn't earn his employer anything like his wages
for the time it took.

Peter

Old December 11th 07, 08:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"John B" wrote in message
On Dec 11, 9:35 am, burkey wrote:
From eWatford Observer 11/12/07

Miserable trips to Watford

Are there any other kind?

I imagine that this depends where you are starting from?

How about:

Holloway (prison)

or

Burma.