London Banter

-   -   Sat Nav v the taxi knowledge (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/5977-sat-nav-v-taxi-knowledge.html)

Richard J.[_2_] December 19th 07 12:12 AM

Sat Nav v the taxi knowledge

John Rowland wrote:
Rob Wilton wrote:
"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Mike Hughes) wrote:

OK then, take me from Manor House station to Gibson square.

LOL

(For those who don't know that is the very first 'route' in the
'blue book' issued by the Public Carriage Office to those
intending to become taxi drivers)

What is there in Gibson Square that taxi passengers would want to
go to?

A Victoria Line fanshaft.

"The Temple of the Winds", architects Raymond Erith and Quinlan Terry.
Photo at
http://tinyurl.com/22kmn8

--
Richard J.

ralphburton January 21st 11 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hughes (Post 70553)
Test carried out by BBC using one of the latest Sat Navs
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/7143897.stm

Seems that the taxi driver using the traditional knowledge can still
beat the Sat Nav.

stands back and waits for comments

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England

yes, the ways using to handle difficult situation is really helpful . . link showed some directions of . .i am newly to this site MIKE . .