Old January 9th 08, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ELL 1938TS tour

Just found this on youtube. I thought this tour had been called off?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1sXHyQYo0c

B2003

Old January 9th 08, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

A related video is the 38Ts returning to the depot.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q_Xn0hBxD2s

There don't appear to be any power rails from the museum entrance. Did
he coast it in the whole way or was it being shoved from behind? I
presume a battery loco is needed to get the trains out of the museum.

B2003
Old January 9th 08, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 9, 5:54 pm, Boltar wrote:
A related video is the 38Ts returning to the depot.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q_Xn0hBxD2s

There don't appear to be any power rails from the museum entrance. Did
he coast it in the whole way or was it being shoved from behind? I
presume a battery loco is needed to get the trains out of the museum.

B2003

It's not a battery loco. It must be some sort of diesel. I'll find out!
Old January 9th 08, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(chunky munky) wrote:

On Jan 9, 5:54 pm, Boltar wrote:
A related video is the 38Ts returning to the depot.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q_Xn0hBxD2s

There don't appear to be any power rails from the museum
entrance. Did
he coast it in the whole way or was it being shoved from behind? I
presume a battery loco is needed to get the trains out of the
museum.

It's not a battery loco. It must be some sort of diesel. I'll find
out!

That didn't seem consistent with the sound track in which I'm sure I
could hear the unit motoring.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 9th 08, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 9, 5:44 pm, Boltar wrote:
Just found this on youtube. I thought this tour had been called off?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1sXHyQYo0c

B2003

After this railtour it was suggested the 1938 stock might also appear
in normal service on the last day of the ELL, but this did not happen.

Old January 10th 08, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Jan, 00:00, umpston wrote:
On Jan 9, 5:44 pm, Boltar wrote:

Just found this on youtube. I thought this tour had been called off?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1sXHyQYo0c

B2003

After this railtour it was suggested the 1938 stock might also appear
in normal service on the last day of the ELL, but this did not happen.

AIUI because the platform height at Canada Water means there would be
a big step up from the floor of the train up to the level of the
platform.