Old January 5th 04, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tour of London Underground

Stupid question..

But has anybody done a tour of the London Underground, i.e. visiting/going
past every single station from when the LU opens to when it closes in a day?

Regards,

Fossil

Old January 6th 04, 06:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Fossil wrote:
But has anybody done a tour of the London Underground, i.e. visiting/going
past every single station from when the LU opens to when it closes in a day?

There is a record set for doing this; I think the time set was
~18-19 hours, and people periodically try and beat it (occasionally
sucseeding).

See, for example:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...x.ac.uk%3E%231

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.

Old January 6th 04, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Oh.. I have... just once or twice. (Okay, six times actually!)

A chap called Jack Welsby hold the Guinness World Record for doing this in
19 hours, 18 minutes and 45 seconds.

I once did it in 19 hours, 22 minutes and 45 seconds.

I was on TV back in October with my 4th attempt. It's available on my
website at: www.geofftech.co.uk The programme features myself, Jack, and
an 'old timer' by the name of Bob Robinson who held the record on and off
for a period of twenty years during which he made 56 attempts.

My website has got the current GWR rules for doing it, and a list of all
other past challengers that I know about that have attempted it, and
'current' challengers that I know about that are actively trying to beat the
time.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Old January 7th 04, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Geoff Marshall
), in message
who said:
Oh.. I have... just once or twice. (Okay, six times actually!)

A chap called Jack Welsby hold the Guinness World Record for doing
this in 19 hours, 18 minutes and 45 seconds.

I once did it in 19 hours, 22 minutes and 45 seconds.

I was on TV back in October with my 4th attempt. It's available on
my website at: www.geofftech.co.uk The programme features myself,
Jack, and an 'old timer' by the name of Bob Robinson who held the
record on and off for a period of twenty years during which he made
56 attempts.

My website has got the current GWR rules for doing it, and a list of
all other past challengers that I know about that have attempted it,
and 'current' challengers that I know about that are actively trying
to beat the time.

I set an unofficial record of 16h 56m 59s in October 1990 at the age of 13,
at a time when no clear rules existed, and subsequently unsuccessfully
campaigned to have the rules defined in line with my record - e.g.
permitting the use of private vehicles.

The system has changed a lot since then, and I have little desire to attempt
the feat under the current rules. I can't run fast enough for a start.

BTN

Old January 13th 04, 12:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

who said:
[...]

20 years before you, in 1970, we didn't even think of using anything other
than public transport and walking.

--
Colin Rosenstiel