Old January 12th 08, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default North London Line

Is it any better since Dross Link went and Ken took it over ?

1. support for Oyster PAYG
2. more staff
3. some station signs were changed to a new font with white or orange
background
4. all silverlink logos were covered with brand new "London
Overground" stickers

It's only 2 months - so a bit early to expect major improvements.
However I must say that "London got new train set" advertising was
horribly misleading - new trains are still 2 years away.
Old January 12th 08, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 07:30:37 -0800 (PST), alex_t
wrote:

It's only 2 months - so a bit early to expect major improvements.
However I must say that "London got new train set" advertising was
horribly misleading - new trains are still 2 years away.

And they won't be universally popular. Far fewer people will get a
seat, for instance, due to the Tube-style side-facing seating.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old January 12th 08, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

And they won't be universally popular. Far fewer people will get a
seat, for instance, due to the Tube-style side-facing seating.

My experience on the NLL was that passengers very rarely filled up all the
seats anyway and most were quite content to stand, generally speaking
passengesr don't spend too long on the train. My objection was that the
313's obviously were not designed with metro services in mind and thus
didn't have as many grab rails and general design tit-bits as they really
needed.

Compare and contrast to longer distance TOC's such as FCC, where every seat
will always get filled up.

Best Wishes,
LEWIS

Old January 12th 08, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:50:57 -0000, "Lew 1"
wrote:

My experience on the NLL was that passengers very rarely filled up all the
seats anyway and most were quite content to stand, generally speaking
passengesr don't spend too long on the train. My objection was that the
313's obviously were not designed with metro services in mind and thus
didn't have as many grab rails and general design tit-bits as they really
needed.

Was never a problem on Merseyrail, but then at least they have enough
units and long enough platforms to double up in the peaks. (This is
what TfL should be looking at doing, IMO).

Compare and contrast to longer distance TOC's such as FCC, where every seat
will always get filled up.

Not on Silverlink County. People take every seat on the 2+2 seated
Desiros, but you tend to get 4 to a bay of 6 and 3 to a bay of 4 on
the 2+3 321s, with people generally preferring to stand rather than
take the middle seat.

This is why I think it's stupid (and makes a mockery of the PIXC
figures) for GoVia's new Desiro order (replacing the 321s) to be 2+3
seated, as I understand they will be.

Neil

--
Neil Williams